22|A WERECOYOTE ✔

' the bravest thing she ever did was to stay alive each day '

▪▪▪

"A COUPLE of students said they saw it running across the field and back into the woods. Thank God, nobody got hurt." The relief in Sheriff Stilinski's voice is evident, though the worry still seeps through.

His tired eyes meet with mine and the with Stiles as I anxiously bite my thumb.

Earlier today, a coyote, or rather Malia Hale trapped in a werecoyotes body, decided to go for a nice stroll through Beacon Hills High, in the process, attacking Kira, thanfully no harm was done as Scott was there to save the day.

"What happens if she hurts someone?" Stiles timidly questions his distraught father.

"Most likely they'll have to put it down." I gulp at this, "but Sheriff, by putting her down, you're not killing an animal, you're killing a girl."

The sheriff sighs loudly, shaking his head as a thousand thoughts ans questions fly through his eyes.

"Yeah, Dad, try not to forget there's a girl in there, one that you'll be killing. Come on, you aren't back to not believing, are you?"

The Sheriff's face seem to harden at his son's words, irritarion seepting through,

   "I believe there are a lot of things I don't understand yet. But that doesn't mean that everything and anything imaginable is suddenly possible. Now, are you 100% sure that this is a girl and not an animal?"

"Yes," I surely say, Stiles nodding

  "It has to be. She's the only one you didn't find the body of and -Scott is sure."

     "And if Scott's sure, we're sure." Stiles pointedly tells his father, he then lowers his head, almost looking as if he's speaking into his shoulder. His words come out muffled, but I can clearly make out what he's saying.

    "Scott, you been listening?" My eyes roam around, finally landing on the brown eyed boy standing in the hallway. Scott's gaze is fixated on us as he nods at Stiles' question.

   The Sheriff then finally nods at us, telling us that he believes in out valid theory.

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get Malia out of the body of a werecoyote.

▪▪▪

     "I think I know why she came back here." I speak up, clutching the straps of my bag tightly as I can feel both of Stiles and Scott's gazes on me.

    "The doll." Stiles' eyes widen at this as he immediately comes to a stop in the middle of the school hallway, taking his bag off his shoulders as he places it on the tiled floor.