Crumbling

So After this chapter there will only be 1 or 2 more chapter before this story ends. No worries though! I will be making another story! Rosethorn and Thornclaw! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own warriors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cinderpelt's P.O.V

I was a prisoner, the pain in my heart adding to the isolation. I was too deep in my own self loathing to notice that those around me were trying their hardest to keep the clan together. It soon reached my ears that they all seen me unfit as a leader, well there were the few who defended me and my title, starting with my brother. I heave a sigh as they argue amongst their selves.

"Thorn..." I softly rasp, so quiet it shocked me that he heard me. He slides into my den, green eyes filled with concern for me. I stand and look at him, groggily as if I had just woke up from eternal sleep. He rasps his tongue over my head and tries to nudge me to sit.

"I don't think I am right for this position." I whisper and shake my head. He looks at me, confused.

"I am stepping down." I say, looking at the ground, tears sliding out my eyes as I look past him to look at the clan I built from the ground with my bare paws. I heave a sigh before looking at him and nudges into his neck. He gives my head a soothing licks, knowing how this all was effecting me.

"Who are you appointing?" He asks, gently.

"You. I chose you Thornclaw." I say, I feel him stiffen. His lapping at my ears stopping as he steps back, eyes wide.

"W-What?" He stammers. I give him a soft smile.

"You deserve it." I say, slowly walking out my den with him following, just as slow. I climb the gathering rock and sit, calling the clan into the gathering. I stare down at their faces, at all the faces I have strove to keep from seeing me this broken, this hurt.

"Today I have made a decision that will better the clan. I am a young immature kit still and have not matured enough to fully take on all the responsibilities of being a leader. I have lead you all well but it is time that you all get a more stable leader." I say, I immediately hear the protests and some of the encouragements.

"I chose my brother, Thornclaw, who has been here for me since he has found out about his clan. He is more rooted to this clan seeing as he is having a family." I say, looking down at the plump Rosethorn, who was sitting beside Thornclaw, warmly smiling at him, head under is chin. I beckon Thornclaw up. Once he is beside me I place my tail on his nose and softly smile. "Thornclaw I hereby appointed you the leader of the lionclan and I hope you lead us with the wisdom I know you have." I murmur. He leans and presses his nose to mine.

"I will." He says, softly and gently smiles. The yowls of happiness and chanting rises up as I step back, watching my clan easily take my brother. I give a breath of relief as I feel a weight slide off my shoulders and to the ground. I stand and walk to the leader's den and softly breath out as the silence slices through the air. I bit my lip before laying down, sniffling and chocking on the soft sob that wants to break free. 'Where are you Fire? Was that your last heart?' I wonder. I wheeze and claw on the ground, ears flattened tightly against my head. I feel the air is starting to close in, vision blurred before it sharpens. 

I look around and immediately notice that this wasn't my den. I quickly stand as I spot cats around me. I immediately whimper as I see my mentor Yellowfang. Her matted was the same. Bluestar was beside her. 

"Cinder. You have forgotten the prophecy. You need to revive the fire." Yellowfang says, softly and looks at me with a fire starting to burn in her eyes. Bluestar starts to chant.

"Revive the fire. Revive the fire. Revive the fire." It started to echo all around me with me, placing my paws over my ears, gritting my teeth. I jerk my eyes open as I feel a nose nudging my side. I look up and see Thornclaw, concerned and filled with concern. 

"You were...You were yowling to stop." He says, shaking his head. I faintly sigh and stare at my paws. "I got to revive the fire."