Chapter Four: I'm yelling but I can't hear

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

Mark's p.o.v

"And I will see you... in the- what the..." I turn off my camera as a woman's face pops up on my screen. I stare at her, trying to recognize her so intensely, that I don't even notice the number under it... till now. I grab a pen and paper and scribble it down.

I turn on my camera and do my outro once more, finishing it this time. I jolt up from my chair and something hits my head.

I open my eyes and see I fall asleep in my recording room. My camera's still recording, surprisingly. I look down and see a paper with a phone number on it. OH MY FUCKING GOD! THE GIRL IN THE PICTURE WAS THAT GIRL IN MY OTHER DREAM! I run to my room and grab my phone. I don't even bother to question how I wrote so neatly in my sleep... I don't write neatly in general.

My hand shook as I started to type. A part of me feels like it is the real thing, but I know it isn't. It's probably just a Deli or something, but I want to know. I stare at the phone number for a while, not pressing the call button. My hand was shaking violently, more than before. I give up and try to press the 'end' button, but my hand shakes so much that I push the 'call' button.

"Hello?" A voice groggily answers.

My heart starts to skip. I freeze, wordless. It's her! It's really her! What do I say? I shouldn't have done this!
"I'm sorry... Wrong number... I think...bye."

I hang up the phone quickly. Taking a deep breath, I take away from my phone. I look around my apartment, surprised that the paint is grey. I see it every day, yet I never seem to notice the gloominess of my house. I decide I can't take it anymore and I storm out of the house.

I can feel the stares of people on my face. No one bothers to come and talk, well... no one dares. It's not normal, I mean, I am YouTube famous. I don't want to think of this person anymore, and I figure the park was the best place to do that. Fuck me for forgetting the place we "met" was at a park.

"Mark?" A voice calls, making me lift my head. Is she here? Oh fuck.

Alyson stood before me, clearly concerned. I jolted up and smeared a fake smile on my face. She jumped at my actions, but threw her arms around my neck pulling me into a hug. "Aly! What are you doing here? When did you fly in from Cincinnati?" Shit

She looked confused. Then I realized that she didn't come from Cincinnati, she came from Nashville, Tennessee. My mind was messing with me again.

"I mean Nashville. Sorry." I correct myself and wait for her answer.

"Well see, actually I was going to Utah for my brothers wedding in two months. I bought the wrong ticket. I was freaking out till I realized that you live here." She says, smacking her head and making a weird face.

"And you mixed up Utah with California how? Are you that magically stupid?"
"Hey! That's not fair!"

We go into a laughing fit as she playfully punches my arm.  I joke around sarcastically with her and punch her back lightly, still laughing intensely. Quick as a mouse, she picks up some sand from the ground and throws it at me. I scoff and threw some at her. It becomes a war of sand and fist for maybe five minutes. We fall out of our pit of laughter and stand up. I bring her over to a swing and we sit just swinging.

"Well. I'm glad you mixed up Utah with California you asshole." Aly growls at my asshole comment and nods with a toothy grin.

*Time skip*

A loud yelling kills my ears and I tear open my eyes. Two figures stand before me, bickering insanely loud. I listen for a second, trying to hear the voices. I walk forward, looking at their faces. They don't seem to notice my presence. Their words seem to be in another language, and one person's face I can't recognize. The other person is Alyson, standing sassily, with her hands on her hips and her leg at a slight slant.

Some words would come clear to me every now and then. They were you, go, smile, die, free. They all just didn't fit. They were all different pieces from a different puzzle. A piece of paper appeared in my hands. I start to write every word I can understand down. Tears started streaming down the other girl's face. I try to wipe the tears away, but she backs up. Every step I take closer to her, she seems to back away. But, Alyson seems to come closer to her. It's like I can't reach the scene in time to stop something... whatever it is.

Soon, the girl runs out the door. Alyson, comes towards me... or... goes past me, and starts saying something to someone. I turn around and see myself on the couch, curled up in a ball. My eyes widen as I go closer.

"Why... you... cry... smile... keep it down... she doesn't deserve... you don't... I am... GET OUT!"

I can't understand why "I" am yelling at Alyson, or what "I" am yelling. I watch as Aly leaves the room, crying now. I sit on the couch, muttering things. Bad things about Alyson, and about how I wished I would have gone after the girl. It's funny how this is the only thing I can fully understand.

Everything gets darker for a moment, and then all I see is black.

Thank you for reading! Everyone please go follow _Summer_Garcia_ and have a great day!

Love,
     Fin