Chapter 12: Savior

"We all have our saviors in life. They're never obvious at first, but when you get a good look at them you can't ever let go." -Me

Review: Guy in black comes in the apartment. Injures Mark in kitchen. Threatens to kill Nora. Takes back Cassandra's phone.

Your POV

In an instant, Nora and I are sitting above Mark, checking his pulse and keeping him awake. I don't want to find out what happens if he falls asleep. He rests against my trembling body. His eyes shut so tightly it hurts, holding onto his side. His blood seeps out, and
onto me.

Nora holds onto his arm to cease the bleeding, but it doesn't work very well. In a dreadful panic, shes races into the bathroom to grab a roll of bandages, leaving me alone, in a desperate rush to tell him it's going to be okay. But I don't know that. The bandages are thrown into my hands, and I quickly rap them around his arm. But the blood, even though slowed, keeps coming through.

Nora holds the phone, shaking so violently, staining blood dripping from the phone. She dials 911, looking like she's about to faint, and screams
"Hello! We need an ambulance!" She runs into the next room, continuing the screaming.

I look back down at Mark, still whispering, "It will be okay. Just hold on for a few more minutes." But he can't. He slowly closes his eyes, trying as hard as he can to speak before they shut all the way. All he can do is mouth help, before he faints. Now would be a good time for the ambulance to get here!

Mark's POV

"Okay Nora! We need to stand our ground until Y/N comes out with the phone. Got it! No matter what happens. No matter who is behind that door, do not stop until she comes out here. I'll take the first blow." I screamed over at Nora, the door breaking into smaller pieces every second.

I thought fear in her eyes would stand out more than anything, but it was the bravery in her heart that stood out the most. I admired that.

"You will survive this Nora."

And with that, the battle started. It wasn't really a battle at first. Nora hid away, she was only to come out when needed. I couldn't risk a someone else getting hurt.

"You know what I am looking for. I want it, and I want it now." The man, dressed in a guy's version of Dayton's outfit, demanded.

I responded with a bit of snark, which shouldn't have been my top priority. Through all the black clothing, the man's face glowed of red. I was thrown back into the wall, my head pounded from the impact. He looked at me straight in the eyes, and spit out through his angry mess, "WHERE. IS. THE. PHONE?"

I screamed, to the best of my ability with a man almost crushing my lungs, to, "Go get the phone," hoping she would understand that meant hide around the other corner. I may not be much older than her, but she still has a lot of life to live. I won't be the one to deprive her of that. While his head was turned towards Nora's direction, I noticed a knife handle in his belt. I pulled it out slowly, and when it was fully in my grasp, I flung it across the room. The thing I didn't notice was the knife on the other side of his belt.

Your POV

Nora sits down, looking at Mark's face. Without him, she might have been in the same boat as him.

"Did you get the information before you came out?" I grab the hard drive that I had hidden in my sock drawer and wave it in front of Nora's eyes. She nods.

"Do we want to see it without Mark? Or do we want to wait?" I sigh, looking over to the sleeping Mark, who, even with the small scars, looks peaceful.

"We can fill him in later. Let's get to work."