Chapter Eight: Flights and Flames

"Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us but we can't strike them all by ourselves" -Laura Esquivel

Mark's POV

Okay suitcase full, enough shirts. What month is it? September. Sweatshirts. Two? That should be enough. Socks? Did I grab socks? How long am I going to be there anyway? I can't even fit the sweatshirts in here! That's because I filled it with pants! I don't need all of these! I fidget through my suitcase, I hear a click of my phone. Not another message for the love of god!

I have been getting messages from "unknown" for the past few days. They've only worsened over time, it's a count down, and I don't want to know what they're counting down to. My eyes stay closed as my head moved over to my phone. Light seeks though my eyelids, but they stay closed till the light goes away. I force my eyes open and push the home button. I take a deep breath, brace myself, and open up the message. Shit!

Your POV (Point of View)

Bakery! I'm going to the bakery! Going to grab a little cake for my best friend Cassie! I sing through my head as I walk through the bakery doors. I plaster an even bigger smile on my face and look at the deserts. Pie, brownies, muffins, doughnuts, ca- here we are! Cake! Now what kind?

"May I help you there miss?" The man behind the counter asks. My mind immediately clicks as he speaks.

"Aiden? Oh my god it's so great to see you-" but it isn't Aiden. Oops. I have my phone in my phone! I pretend for it to be a FaceTime call. "I'm at a bakery, so call back later?" I put my phone and walk back up to the counter.

"Yes. I would like a small chocolate cake, and a small cheese cake." I say kindly. The man smiles, nods, and walks away.

***

I walk through the doors to my apartment. Our friends from collage are already here, along with some of Cassie's old friends. I place the dessert in the fridge and run over to lock the door.

"Y/n! It's so nice to see you again!" Nora, a junior in collage when I graduated, exclaims, burying me in a large hug.

"Nora! It's so nice to see you! I'm so glad you could come! Where's Cassie? She said she would be here before the train arrives with Nathan." I look around the room, no Cassie in sight. There is plenty of decorations, people, food, but no Cassie.

"Cass said that she was going to do something, and that she would text you if you got back before she did."

"She's supposed to be here though! She needs o take control of the party so I can pick up Nathan from the station!"

"Since when do people ride on trains?"

I laugh and pat her shoulder. My phone beeps from the counter, it's from Cassie. "What's going on Cassie? Your supposed to be here!" I say, moving

"I went to go pick up some plates for the party, and I figured since I was so close to the train station I would pick up Nathan. When the train stopped-" there's a gasp for breath on the other end. Cassie is speaking really quickly and quietly, it's nerve racking. "There was a bunch of inimical people running around, shooting at everyone, I tried to find Nathan, but I couldn't see him. I ran and hid but they found me-"

"CASSANDRA WHO IS THEY?" I scramble, earning a worried expression from Nora. She mouths the word, 'what', but I didn't answer. "They got Nathan and I-" the call ends there. OH FUCK! CASS!

Mark's POV

I pick up my phone and see a message from Wade. 'Sorry buddy, I have family over. You can't stay with me.' I guess I'm not staying with him. I'll just get a hotel.

I pull out my camera and hit record. "Hello everybody my name is Markiplier and welcome to a vlog! I am flying out to Cincinnati for...I don't know how long! I'm going on a mission! Lets gooooo!" I cut of the recording. I'll keep going ooo when I get in the cab. That will make for a...weird video. I put my phone in my pocket and head down to get a cab. Cincinnati here I come. Aly, here I come!