Chapter Six: Mysteries

"When we think of the past it's the beautiful things we pick out. We want to believe it was all like that."
-Margaret Atwood

Mark's p.o.v

None of them left? None? They're all gone now? What does that mean! "What?" Was all I could spit out of my mouth.

"They all... moved... a long time ago?" She spoke in question, and I started to get jumpy. She continued to walk, but I froze in my tracks.

"No no no no no no no! Aly what happened! Your freaking me out!" I scream, the quietest to my ability.

"Mark. They're in jail. Calm down." She said, patting my shoulder. She still seemed rather happy, to an extreme. And she started to walk in a skip. How did I come across her again? Why did the world want me to know Alyson Noel?

My mind stops thinking. I stand frozen as I hear a bang against my wall from the outside. I make no noise whatsoever, and creep away into my bedroom. I look out the window and see the neighbors throwing a ball around, and sigh.

??? p.o.v

"I need to get them together first. This with work." I looked to her face, she was determined to say the least.

She looked over to me, and scowled, noticing the doubt in my eyes. Her eyes started to gloss over, and I wiped the tears away.

"Stop your crying. I don't give away my trust, but if he figures this out... you'll take his punishment." She nods, stands, and struts away with a whip in her hair.

Mark's p.o.v

I walked into my kitchen, grabbing a cookie from it's prolonged, and decorative jar. I know, healthy right? I shove the cookie in my mouth when I hear my phone beeping. I grab it, and look at the text sent. It two messages, one is short, and one is a very, very long.

Mark! Help! I'm scared!

My throat tightens. I don't want to read the next letter. I shut my phone and looked around the room. There's no one here, though there never is. Aly is the first person to visit in four months. I don't go out much either, which is horrible. There is no places to go around here anymore. The park was a refreshing place to go yesterday, actually. I grab my jacket, shove my phone in my pocket, and walk out of the house.

***

I sit on a bench at the park. Some people pass by, and there is children at the park today. I felt better sitting in a place with people than alone at home. I open the message, and reluctantly read the note.

Dear Mr. Fischbach, your friend Alyson is in perfect condition... for now. But I would suggest you hurry, her flight did not go as planned. Her flight to Dayton was... canceled... she took a flight to the nearest airport, which was somewhere in Indiana. Indiana is close to Ohio but if you don't hurry.... she won't be there for a long long time. Good luck, Fischbach. Your gonna need it.

Anonymous

I go to look for the number, but as soon as I scroll up, the messaged deletes. My eyes widen, and my breath picking up. Dayton? Why is Aly going to Dayton? What am I going to do?

***

I tried to think strategically on how to do this. I could go to Cincinnati and stay in with Wade or somebody. Or I'd go to a hotel. I had to do something, or Aly would pay the price.

Hey guys! I know this one is short, but it felt like a place to cut. Have a wonderful day. If you like jacksepticeye books than go check out writingawaylife and if you need some more Markiplier books check out blurrynat!