*Chapter Ten: Meetings

"Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies meet each other." -Pablo Coelho

"The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them." -Ernest Hemingway

You all were waiting for it, so here it is!
It switches POV a lot, sorry!!!

Mark's POV

Why is this leading me to the old train station? My phone has been leading me somewhere, every minute or so a new message comes. Another message pops up, this one is probably the scariest of all. One step left. I was all done running, I just needed to take one step to the left. One step left! Hurry you bastard! I take it back, this one is scarier. Then I hear the squealing of tires. It's trying to kill me.

I sprint to the right, as fast as I can. The person in the car slams on the breaks. I just stand horrified. I'm finally going to meet the person I'm up against.

I don't even comprehend what's happening, but my legs carry me into a hiding spot. I can barely breathe for a few seconds. What am I doing! They have Aly! I need to save her!

Just as I am about to scream, I hear someone, a girl, yell. "HELLO! IS ANYONE THERE?" I'm paralyzed for a few seconds. I can barely breathe, my eyes are watering, my heart is beating out of my chest. I'm legitimately terrified out of my mind. The only thing I can do is back up farther into my hiding spot, and curl up into a ball. I can hear some yelling, but my sobs mask the sound of it. It's pure silence for a few minutes, then I hear a gasp.

Your POV

I throw my phone back at Ryan and order him to call Cassie again. After a few seconds of silence, Ryan says the words, "No answer, Ven." I press on the gas a little harder then. Speed limit 75...and I'm going 90.

There is no one on the road at all. Not one person. It all seems like a ghost town now, but it used to be a bustling city, until they made the factory. It always smelled of smoke, and it was far away from any restaurants. They eventually closed down the factory, added a few restaurants, and people moved back. But after that factory was built, this place always seems like a ghost town.

The road to the train station seems longer than I remember. Maybe I am just too nervous for Cassie.

When we finally get to the train station, it looks like nothing happened. There's no blood, no guns, no screaming...no people. The three of us cautiously step out of the car, and slowly close our doors. I glance over to Nora, who only shrugs.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" No yell of reply. No nothing. Maybe we are alone.

"Lets search around a bit. See if anyone's out here needing help...with whatever shit went down here." Ryan only muttered the last part.

We all split apart, yelling the word check every minute or so, to make sure we're all here still. If he don't hear three checks, something must be horribly wrong.

I searched around every nook and cranny to see if anyone was there. There had to be someone! There just had to be!

***

We have searched so much of the train station, that I can barely walk. The pain in my throat grows the more I scream. I don't even think I can scream anymore. We are too late. There's no one here.