Chapter 11: Brave Ones

"If you are waiting for life to screw you over, chances are life had you at check a long time ago. Don't wait to hear checkmate." - Me

Your POV

After Dayton left, I invited Mark and Nora back over to discuss things. So we had the memory, or Mark, the smarts, Nora, and the experience, Me.

"Dayton Carl? Do you even know a Dayton? Do I know a Dayton? Was it a fake name? WHAT IS HAPPENING!" I pace around the room, at least until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I slowly stop and look up at the brown eyes above me.

"Your friend is fine! Dayton said it herself! You don't have to worry as much!" I looked back at his face, he looked short of breath. She didn't say anything about Alyson.

"What's is your name?" He looks confused for a moment as he says the name he first gave me earlier, in all the confusion. Mark Fischbach. I guess he's not lying.

"WAIT! Didn't I sell something to a Dayton?"

"Why does that matter?" Nora asks, looking out the window of the seventh story. The stars had finally shown in the night sky, sprinkling down from the heavens. This was when the outside world was quiet, and most dangerous.

"Because we could see what she needed and compare it to what Alyson needed. If they are needing similar things, then we can try to figure out what type of situation they're in that would need multiple people with the same resources." 

"So everything is a guess with you people?" Mark asks, quite annoyingly.

Frustration still lingered in his eyes. He must really love Alyson. It's my turn to calm him down. I grab his shoulders, and set him down on the couch. I look directly at his eyes, before he looks down at his hands.

"We will find Alyson and Cassandra. And when we do, you won't have to deal with our guessing anymore." I joke, chuckling with a smile. His shoulders relax and I turn back to Nora, who has the tickets in her hand. "Isn't that right?"

***

"Okay, you have two things from Dayton. Both the same exact list but one is about a month later. Who ever this Dayton person is, she's been in it for a long time." Nora hands Mark and I the lists, and we place them next to Alyson's list.

"They're the same. The same exact dresses, hats, boots. Not a single difference-" I say, tracing my finger over the list's content. "Except! That Dayton bought a black wedding veil and a mask the first time." Mark points out.

"We don't sell either of those. How did she buy it?"

Nora starts digging in the bin of printed receipts again, saying nothing. Mark lists off everything that could have happened. Maybe they stopped selling them. Maybe it was specially ordered. It didn't matter. Whatever Cassandra was in, she was in it a long time. And she never told me.

"Oh my god! Look at this!" Nora grabs a handful of papers and shoves them in Mark and I's hands. They were lists, with the same exact things as Alyson's second list. There was at most fifty people. These people are all in trouble.

"Look at this! Lisa Martin, Carlos Keens, Kyle Lucy, Signe Hansen, Louis Ma-"
Mark's eyes widen and he waves his hands. I put down the papers and look over his eyes. They were filled with fear.

"What was the last one? Did you say Signe Hansen?" I nod and ask why. He picks up the phone, and runs into the other room. We ignore Mark, and go back to the lists, but I can't seem to focus without Mark in the room. Who is this girl he is so scared for? Why is she more important than the others?

I look out at the streets once again, and see a person, walking to the doors of the building.  Once they come into the lights I see not a bit of color on their clothing. Maybe it was a trick of the light, but if it wasn't, I have a feeling we're in deep trouble.

"Wait, didn't Dayton give you a- what are you looking at? What's down there?" Her voice grows with concern, and speeds up. She jumps over to the couch and scrambles to see what I'm looking at. Just as she comes the door closes.
"What is it, y/n?"

"I thought I just saw a...person... in black... I don't know. Didn't Dayton...?"
Nora crawls back to her spot, and brushes her short, blond hair out of her eyes.

"Dayton gave you Cassie's phone. You said you know the password. So why don't you use it?"

In a sudden rush of excitement, I jump up engulfing Nora in a hug. The phone, still in is sparkly black case, is still on the counter. All its mysteries hidden within its lock, about to be welcomed  into the world with open arms. But this brought a problem. This was my fall back plan. If we couldn't get anything then I could find somebody to ping her cellphone. I guess that should have been my starter plan.

I find everything in her notes, locked and unlocked, didn't matter, I saved in into a hard drive. And just as I remember something else on Cassie's phone, there is another knock on the door. Mark rushes back in the room.

"It's another person in all black." Mark scrambles, looking through the peephole of the door.

"I'm not finished yet! I've got two more files to download!" I smacking the back of the computer the phone is linked up to. Nora tells me to finish downloading the information, and they will deal with the person.

I rush into the back room, or guest bedroom, and keep loading the files. I screams come from the other room, and the commotion, is shaking me. Soon, to the point where I drop the phone.

When the last file's bar stops, I slam the computer closed, and hide the hard drive in a sock on my drawer. I run out with the phone, screaming for the person to stop. I scan the room, lamp tipped over, glass broken everywhere. I look over to the kitchen, and see a bloody knife on the floor, with Mark laying right next to it. Nora on the other hand, is pushed against the wall, with a knife pressed up against her skin, blood crawling down the side of her neck.

"Y-you can t-take the phone." I try to say bravely, almost passing out in the process. The person in black, newly revealed to be a guy, stomps over to me, his black robe flying behind him, and swiftly takes the phone. He leave saying only two words,

"Brave ones."