Chapter Seven: Old Friends and Enemies

"Old enemies make new rivals and forget. They stay the same way they are, and move on. But old friends never forget, even through their
many changes." -Finny Tail

Three days after Mark got the messages

Your p.o.v

I can't do this anymore. To many nightmares, to many tears cried. It's getting harder to convince Cassandra that I'm okay. It's too hard to let her know that I'm not fine. She's just to...worried... about everything and everyone.

I don't have to get up today for work. It's Sunday, and I am going to...I don't know actually. I'll probably just, sit around watching movies. Or maybe... maybe I'll go to the park! Yeah the park! The park will be a great getaway- OOO! Finding Nemo! I turn my attention towards the movie, and forget about going to the park.

***

"Have you been sitting here all day, ven?" Cassandra asks, coming in the front door.

"Duh. Weekend." I say, shoving a load of popcorn in my mouth.

Cassie comes over and takes the bowl of popcorn out of my hands, after getting a load of groans from me. She brings the popcorn over to the kitchen, to where I can't see. I grab the remote and flip the channel to the news.

"Alyson Noel, age twenty five...missing." I groan, this being the third time this week someone went missing, the same exact way. Then after some important news for me.

"Mara Newman, age twenty five, was reported missing as of last night." In that instant my mind implodes...and then explodes because that's how implosions work.

"CASS! MARA NEWMAN!"

I scramble to my feet, and run into the kitchen. She drops something she was holding, into a bowl. I start to fall down, from the sharp turn.

"What happened to Mara, Ven?" Cassie asks, not bothering to help me get up.

"Mara is missing! Thanks for the help by the way." I say, standing up, with the help of the counter top.

"Why should we care? She does this all the time. She'll reappear later today, saying she was "hit with baseball bats" when there's no marks on her at all, and she smells like alcohol. Trust me. This happened two weeks ago."

I stare at her in disbelief. That girl (Mara) doesn't get a clue about the way things work, making up lies that she was kidnapped and things. Next time I see Mara, I will give her something to tell about.

"How come I didn't hear about this?" I ask.

"Cause you never turn on the news. Why are you so cornered anyway?" Cassandra turns her back to me and starts working on whatever she was making.

"I wasn't. I was telling you cause I was ready to throw a good riddance party, as harsh as that sounds."

Cassie laughs and tells me to sit back down on the couch. I do so and change the channel back to my movies. She brings us a bowl of fresh popcorn and butter, and we watch Greece.

***

Monday morning. Work. That's always the greatest thing ever. Ever heard the phrase, never work with your friends? Well now I understand. I mean, I love Cassie but with only three people working there, sometimes it wasn't always the greatest.

When I got to work, I was filled with delight when I saw Argentina, the girl who came in the other day. Then I saw who was helping her.

"Aiden!" I yelled, engulfing my friend in hug.

"Y/n! What are you doing here?" He asked.

I grabbed my badge out of my pocket. I didn't even know that Cassie was looking for a employee still, and how weird it is that she picked him. I saw Argentina wave hello, and gave her a quick smile before she turned back to the close she was admiring. I took my leave to the front desk.

***

Today was a surprisingly busy day, for a Monday at least. There was at least six people coming in at a time for a while. Right now, the store is quiet. It's one o'clock, and the store usually fills up again at two. That's also when Marcy, the other employee, comes in. She comes in from two to nine. We aren't very close, but it's nice to have someone around.

Someone walks up to the front desk. I recognize him from somewhere, but I can't remember where. I just smile and wait for him to speak.

"Hello. I'm looking for directions to Galvin Avenue." He says, so quietly that I almost can't hear it.

"Go straight down the road here take two lefts and a right, then your there." I smile even more sweetly, if it's even possible.

He nods, growls at me, then starts to leave. I then recognize who it is. "It was nice seeing you again, Ash." I smile. He turns around, surprised, and says a quick thanks.

Ash was the first person I ran into when I came here for collage. He was nice enough to lead me to dorm and tell me a bit about the place. When Cassie saw me coming towards the door with him, she was worried. Or that's what she told me. She pulled me through the door, and then slammed it. Ash and I didn't talk for the rest of the first year. Around third year, we had almost every class together, and were very close. We haven't talked in a while though.

"I'll come back later tomorrow. It'd be nice to see you again, y/n."