Say Yes ~ 14

Gabriel sighed as he walked down the hall of the large school, his skirt swaying back and forth as he walked. His book bag was slung over his shoulder, occasionally bumping against people as he walked the crowded halls. The boy was rather tired but kept his hopes high as he headed to his drama class. Drama was Gabriel's favorite class but the only problem was the classmates. 

Cesar and Sawyer both were in this class. The three never had a problem with that before, except for the time the older boys had been told off by the teacher for staring at Gabriel. But other than that, they were pretty well behaved.

Now was a different story. Gabriel wanted nothing to do with either Cesar or Sawyer right now, and for very good reasons. He wasn't sure if the two were planning their own little schemes to get his attention, but he was hoping to avoid them as much as possible. 

Sawyer was behind Gabriel as they walked but didn't say a word. He knew it would be best to leave him alone for now. The two entered the classroom with the small stage at the front and a few rows of seats, a couple of them occupied.

Gabriel rubbed his eyes and walked pass the teacher, saying a small god morning before sitting down in the front row. Sawyer sat three chairs away in the same row, placing his bag down and pulling out a small folder like the rest of the class. 

Soon enough, Cesar was walking in, talking to Ramiro who was looking straight ahead, not exactly paying attention to Cesar. 

The bell eventually rang and Ramiro took a seat behind Gabriel, Cesar a row behind Ramiro and a seat away. 

The teacher shuffled to the front of the class, rubbing his hands together and then clapping, standing with a wide stance. 

"Alrighty! I've got a new lesson for you guys today!" The theater teacher spoke enthusiastically to the class, getting a few uninterested mumbles.

"Oh c'mon guys, we're gonna be doing improv!" He said using jazz hands, attempting to get the boys excited. When he noticed no one was responding much, he coughed and stood up straight.

"You're going to be getting a test on improvisation this semester." He said, tapping his foot with his arms crossed. He watched as everyone's heads perked up. 

"Now that's better! To start this lesson I'm going to ask you this: what does it mean to improvise in acting?" Looking around the class, a few hands were up.

The teacher searched the class before pointing at Ramiro. 

Ramiro cleared his throat and answered. 

"It's when you act with out much plan or script." He answered in a tired tone. The teacher nodded happily. 

"Yes, yes, good. Okay, to walk you guys up some we're gonna do a fun activity to get us into the improv mood. Up here I have a hat with a scenario. I'll have small groups of two or three come up and take a scenario and improv the characters. Alright?" A few murmurs of yes came out of the class, making the teacher smile. 

"Perfect. And just a tip. Always. Say. Yes. Keep the story going, keep it interesting!" He said and spun around, grabbing the hat that was sat on the edge of the stage. 

"Groups will be..." He started off and began to point to people. 

"Christian, Lewis and Leo. Sebastian and Cesar. Ramiro and Ricky. And finally, Sawyer and Gabriel! Each group or pair come up and get your scenario." Gabriel groaned internally and looked to his side where Sawyer was smiling. As Gabriel looked at Sawyer, he couldn't help but notice something that was off.