Budding Rivalry ~ 21

Cheers filled the large stadium as the last speech was finished, the principal announcing to the once seniors that they were officially graduates. Caps flew in the air and students hugged each other, congratulating one another as they all made their ways outside to greet friends and family.

Gabriel was finally free. He made his way outside with Lucas, finding his family and hugging them all tight, smiling big for all the pictures. April made sure to take plenty of pictures of Gabriel and Lucas, tears streaming down her face.

"My baby boy is all grown up!" She cried out and threw her arms around Gabriel, hugging her son tight. Elizabeth joined in and soon Gabriel was crying too.

"Now this is too cute," Lucas laughed and snapped a picture of the family trio and soon they were all laughing and smiling. Lucas gave Gabriel one last hug, kissing his cheek and then going off with his own family. Gabriel couldn't help but smile wide as he held his graduation cap in hand, proud of himself for making it this far. He was finally out of school and had summer vacation until he would be moving into college.

A week or so after graduation was the boy's graduation party, and Gabriel was surrounded by friends and family. The party wasn't anything too big; food and music outside on a beautiful sunny day, friends, and family, was all that Gabriel needed for the celebration of him graduating. He spoke with some relatives he didn't get to see as often, walking around as he made sure to say hi to everyone.

"Congrats again, baby," Lucas  spoke as he gently hugged his boyfriend from behind. Gabriel smiled wide and looked back at Lucas, leaning in and pecking his cheek.

"Congrats to you too, Lukie," Gabriel's eyes lit up as he looked at Lucas, butterflies filling his stomach. He knew college would be tough for them, but he had no doubt that they would make it through it together. The two spoke a bit before Lucas took the others hand, walking around together now to speak to people. Gabriel stood beside Lucas as the older one spoke with one of their friends, but Gabriel was disengaged in the conversation. It was nearing 6 pm, his party ended at ten o'clock but there was a specific person that had promised to come around six. Gabriel began to worry he wouldn't show up, feeling a bit disappointed even. He took another glance back to the gate that led to the backyard and a smile grew across his face as he saw Sawyer walk in, looking around as if he was lost.

"I'll be back in a minute," He told Lucas quickly and pulled away, walking over to Sawyer. After the party that they had reconnected at, the two had talked almost non-stop. They were even closer now than they were when they were back at school together. It was obvious that the two of them had changed so much. Sawyer had given up on being a player, though he did try to date again, nothing really worked out. He even had a tinder, despite how much he hated having to make a cheesy bio. He seemed stuck on something that didn't allow him to open up or connect with people enough for them to form any relationship.

"I was worried you weren't coming," Gabriel chuckled and Sawyer shook his head, scoffing as if he was offended.

"I wouldn't dare miss this," Sawyer spoke with a smile and then opened his arms up, hugging the smaller boy. "Congratulations, by the way." Gabriel thanked Sawyer and then glanced around the party before looking back to the other.

"There's plenty of food and drinks, help yourself to anything, my mom definitely got way more than needed." Gabriel smiled and Sawyer laughed softly, smiling back until a moment later. His smile faded slightly and then Gabriel felt a hand on his shoulder, looking up to see Lucas.

"Baby, your mom wanted you," Lucas told Gabriel and then glanced up, his eyes meeting Sawyers. Sawyer smiled politely, finding no reason for them to be bitter. Gabriel was happy with Lucas and Sawyer had no intentions on splitting that up.