Change takes time ~ 19

~1 Year Later~

A lot can happen in one year, and a lot did. After confronting Sawyer and Cesar about how he felt, Gabriel found himself transferring schools only a week later. Of course the two boys were not the only reason for the move. Gabriel's mothers' had decided to pack up and move to Massachusetts, and with Gabriel's agreement, decided they wanted to have him back home.

With quick goodbyes to his friends and a wrap up of the week, Gabriel was gone and would spend the last few months of his junior year at a public school in Woburn, Massachusetts, the town his mothers' found a house in.

In the year that passed, Gabriel would move through summer and into his Senior year of high school, his graduation coming soon. The changes seemed to happen so fast for Gabriel and he had started to feel as if his graduation wasn't even real. It was as if there was a barrier in between him and the end of high school, but he was not quite sure what this was. Whatever it was he just hoped that the last two months that he had left would go by faster.

Gabriel Bloom, the lovable and feminine boy he had been just a month ago had grown in many ways. He grew, reaching about five foot six inches, and though his voice was still a bit high, it had definitely deepened. His once feminine body had leaned out and gave him a more masculine look. With the change to his physical aspects had also come a change in his personality. Though Gabriel still showed his feminine side through his clothes, he had grown out of the female clothes. But, he liked these changes. He saw it as a way to escape his old life and start new. No one at his new school knew Sawyer or Cesar, and he liked it that way. He especially liked that his boyfriend did not know them. He was sure the story would not be very humorous to Lucas.

Gabriel's life had changed for the better without Sawyer or Cesar in it. He felt awful for what he had done to them, but his new school gave him the chance to grow and become better. No more leading people on and no more drama. Well, unless it didn't involve him, of course.

----

Gabriel leaned his head on his hand as he stared out the window of his class, daydreaming as he watched the wind lightly blow leaves off of the trees in the courtyard. One more month of this and he'd be home free, spending the summer with friends until college. He found himself smiling at the thought, lightly tapping his foot on the tiled floor. He took a deep breath and adjusted his position, glancing over and seeing Lucas smiling at him from across the room. Gabriel's face heated with a blush as he smiled back at his boyfriend, only turning his attention back to the teacher when she cleared her throat.

"Senioritis hit you guys hard this year," A laugh followed by a cough left the woman and the class murmured and agreed, commenting on it.

"I understand," She continued with a sigh, "It's hard not to lose focus with only a month away from graduation." Everyone agreed once again, all packing up as the bell rang soon after, the teacher sending the seniors on their way.

Gabriel stood and swung his backpack over his shoulder, meeting Lucas at the door.

"Couldn't stop staring at you all class, watchin' that little mind of yours daydreaming," Lucas chuckled as he kissed his boyfriend's head affectionately, taking his hand into his own. "What were you thinkin' about anyway?" Lucas asked after as they headed towards their lockers, ready to go to their cars.

Gabriel looked up and smiled, having been lost in thought even as his boyfriend spoke to him.

"Hm, mostly the summer, I just can't wait to get the hell out of here." He laughed softly and squeezed Lucas' hand gently as they arrived at Gabriel's locker.

Lucas leaned against the locker's beside Gabriel's as the boy emptied some of his bag, taking home only what he needed, which wasn't much with the end of the year coming so soon.