If You Love Him, Let Him Go ~ 18

Gabriel walked down the hall, his heart racing and head pounding, becoming extremely nervous with each minute that passed.
He sniffled in, still sick but feeling better than he did yesterday. He walked as confidently as he could down the hallway, headed towards his own room where Sawyer was. He had texted him this morning and asked to talk in which Sawyer replied with an eager 'yes'. Gabriel walked at a normal pace but it felt as if he were dragging his feet along with each step. Today was finally the day Gabriel was going to confront all his problems and mistakes whether he liked it or not. He felt like shit for doing what he did to Sawyer and Cesar and knew that the only way to fix things was to apologize. Gabriel knew what he did wrong now, but at first, he didn't even know. He never had anyone really crush on him so the way Sawyer and Cesar acted was a bit of a shock, sending Gabriel down a messy road of feelings that he was soon lost on.
Gabriel continued on and stopped abruptly when he saw his dorm room. He stood in front and sighed heavily before opening it. As soon as the door creaked open, he noticed Sawyer sat in his bed, his head shooting up as soon as he saw Gabriel.
Sawyer had thought maybe Gabriel wanted to work something out, something like a relationship, but of course he didn't get his hopes up in case it was just a talk Gabriel wanted.
Gabriel gave Cesar a small, sad smile, turning and sitting on his bed. He let his head hang and his feet swing lightly, the end of the light purple skater skirt swaying.
Sawyer immediately picked up in Gabriel's sadness and quickly became worried.
"Gabriel....are you okay? What did you want to talk about?" Sawyer asked in a calm voice, standing up and sitting beside Gabriel. He threw a comforting arm around the boy that was thrown off almost immediately after. Sawyer gulped at this action, watching Gabriel shuffle away.
"Sawyer listen..." Gabriel began, but Sawyer was too hurt already.
"Gabriel, what did I do? I'm so sorry what ever it is, please let me know." Sawyer said fast, not giving Gabriel a chance to talk.
"No, Sawyer, dont apologize. I'm the one who should be saying sorry." Sawyer's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at Gabriel's statement, not quite understanding anything that was going on. 

"Sawyer," The boy paused, inhaling and sniffling again from his cold. Sawyer could tell Gabriel still didn't feel all that well and wished he'd let him do something to help, but the younger obviously didn't want that. 

"I'm sorry, but I just don't like you in the way that you like me. And I"m really sorry if you it felt like I was leading you on." Gabriel said slowly, letting each word leave his lips carefully, being sure not to stutter or mumble. He avoided the others eyes, not wanting to see the hurt in Sawyer's eyes, knowing it would be there. 

Sawyer listened carefully, his heart dropping the minute Gabriel said he didn't feel the same. He already knew this but by hearing it, it made the fact all so much more real. The two sat in silence, neither one knowing what to say.

"It's Cesar, isn't it?" Sawyer suddenly asked. Gabriel looked at Sawyer and almost laughed at the question. 

"No, I don't-" Gabriel stammered, being cut off.

"No need to lie, Gabriel, I know Cesar is better than me. He's kinder to you, much better boyfriend material." Sawyer bit his lip and looked away, out the window of their room. Gabriel sighed heavily and shook his head. 

"I'm not with or ever going to be with Cesar." He spoke, standing up now. He was sick of people, for some reason, trying to choose who he'd date. He felt like the main character of a story and everyone reading just kept picking sides! He was like Bella from twilight and everyone was either Team Edward or Team Jacob. The boy's thought almost made him laugh. He had never seen Twilight. Sawyer sighed heavily, believing Gabriel enough to listen more.

"There's nothing wrong with  either of you. I just don't like you or Cesar more than just friends." Sawyer nodded, understanding. "I understand." He spoke softly.

Gabriel smiled softly and lightly patted Sawyer's shoulder. 

"I'm gonna go back to Ramiro's. I'll talk to you later." Gabriel smiled gently again at Sawyer when he looked up. Sawyer nodded and smiled back. "Bye, Sawyer."

Sawyer didn't respond but watched as Gabriel was gone. He sighed heavily once the boy had left, standing up and moving to his bed. He hated this feeling. All he wanted was to get Gabriel to like him back, but he had chased him away instead. He knew it'd be tough, but he decided that he'd have to learn to deal with it.

A/N

I suck major cock lmao I legit haven't updated since January. Why does anyone even read this still? 

Anyway, um, hope those who are still reading enjoy this story still...I have mixed feelings about it. 

I didn't read this through so sorry if it sucks