meal

1705 HOURS.

hana feels nothing but confusion, then again, she is a confused child.

"what are you doing here?" she asks as hansol carefully steps in without the bedroom owner's permission.

"i had no where else to go." his eyes trailed everywhere on the floor, trying to avoid hana's gaze.

he sat on hana's study table while gripping onto the wooden chair, his eyes never meeting hers. hana went to her bathroom to change from her uncomfortable ballet attire into a pair of mom jeans and a pink crop sweatshirt. she let her caramel hair drape over her chest as she came out of the bathroom, but she stopped her tracks in front of the door when she heard faint crying.

it was definitely not from her.

she picked her head to witness a crying hansol, slouching with his head between his knees. hana did not know what to say to make the situation better, but what her mother always say is to just hug them and to rub their back to quietly say that it was going to be okay. and so she did.

now, hansol's head is placed at the crook of her neck, with tears staining her freshly dry sweatshirt. her left hand automatically pats hansol's head and the other, his back. his crying slowed down as time passes. hana dared not to utter a single word but to just let her actions speak it.

"let's eat pizza. it'll make you feel better." hana whispered when hansol stopped his muffled crying. he looked at her with red puffy eyes and hana felt a slight heartbreak.

he smiled.

pizza arrived at the foot of the door just thirty minutes later. she had kept hansol in her room quietly to prevent any misunderstanding between her and her maids. though, they were confused as to why hana is eating a whole pizza by herself but they did not want to question the young lady.

as soon as hana paid the pizza delivery boy, she dashed to her bedroom and locked it afterwards. hansol's head bobbed up from hana's laptop and he turns around to lock his eyes with her.

"thank you for the meal."