thank you

0815 HOURS.

it was as if a daily routine that hana's feet led her to the school's rooftop with hansol by her side. they leaned over the gated surrounding to keep themselves steady, arms brushing against each other. they looked down to see students swarming through the entrance of the school as the breeze gently hit their uniforms and skin. hana felt a sudden chill but remained still as she did not want hansol to make a big deal out of it by putting his school blazer on her.

"thank you for everything, choi hansol." hana started, gazing at hansol for a slight acknowledgement of the gratitude.

hansol said nothing in reply but smiled. a minute or two passed with just silence between them, but it did not involve awkwardness.

"i may not be as smart as your books, but i know how to look out for you." hana turned her head to hansol when he said that. she felt her heart filling with warmth she's never felt before. her cheeks heated when it turned to a shade of red. finally she's being herself: awkward and shy.

she didn't know what to answer, she didn't even know how to search for one. her feelings for hansol is more than what she has ever imagined. it was something she thought she could handle but in reality, she couldn't. she finds herself trembling and her heart beating in an abnormal pace, like it could come out any second. what shocks her is that that feeling is actually very pleasant.

"i never thought you'd be the first one to kiss me."