four

"I am not letting you leave this house!", Danny's brother's voice echoed in the room. He naturally didn't like Danny meeting Adira or the revenge thing was still going on between the blood brothers. Either way the elder son's words were final and there was no way he could sneak out of the house. Joey, his brother always made sure that Danny obeyed him no matter what. His brother was very particular!

"Why not?", Maria, the mother spoke to cut down the imaginary anger and heat between the siblings.

"Mum, because I said so and that is final," Joey greeted his teeth at his brother. The horror look was very much evident on Danny's face. "Why? Is some serial killer out in the park or is he going to a bar? I think neither of them," the mother snapped.

"No! Mom you don't know, and it is final he is not going out and especially not to meet that weird Briton," Joey grabbed the collar of Danny's t-shirt. In reflex Danny brought his hands in forward to his face to protect himself. His brother was still two centimetres taller than him.

"Oh! Now I get it's about Adira," Maria faked a laugh placing her hands on butt. "But y'know what Joey, he's my son and I have the authority to let him go or not." Danny gained a bit confidence with this, at least the mother was on his side. "Mother! You don't get it. She is not a good influence to him. She is jut depressed and suicidal bitch. Who knows, she will make him depressed too? And you and we, we will loose Danny,"  Joey smirked.

The situation was getting worse and worst with each passing second. Joey shouting and the elder woman yelling back. Danny was getting horrified, he had never seen this before and knowing that it was happening because of he being friends with Adira was making it all worse.

It was kind of pathetic yet hilarious how the two adults were fighting when Danny was just standing at the door, listening them. They were fighting with words instead of swords which was causing more pain to Danny.

Mother scoffed, walking to the door where Danny was standing with a terror look plastered over the face. She said ,"You never cared about Danny then why now?"

"I can say same to you, don't forget!", Joey commented back.

Enough Danny could not see his family getting apart. Where was his dad, was all he thinking. He was never there when he needed him the most. Probably working in the office. Sometimes, Danny doubted his dad's love for the office, it was weird.

"Joey how can you talk to mum like this?", Danny scoffed.

"Shut up Danny. Go to your room for god's sake!"

"You know what Joey, you're a dick!", this time Danny didn't hesitate to curse his brother in front of the mother but when things go above the limit you just blast and shot back things which probably you're going to regret later.

"Oh lord!", mother exclaimed covering her mouth.

You know, in stories they tell that every bad time vanishes off so fast that you don't even realise, in fact they lie. And you're aware still you choose to believe. In the actual world it happens so slow that you don't even know how to react and how to handle. The world seemed shattering to Danny. The inner voices were actually not helping him coping with the situation.

Danny screamed ,"Joey for the god's sake stop it."

Joey furiously and swiftly came towards Danny. He stared at him for good ten seconds.

Then Joey's hand came slashing across the brother's face surely leaving a red marks on the cheek. The slap was so hard that it swung his whole body but to the surprise of him he didn't fall from the impact. The slapping sound was heard by their mother when brother's hand touched his cheeks. The mother looked in the direction with complete fear on her face. She had never seen two boys fighting at such an level. She clenched her wrists, raised a bit on her feet and yelled ,"What the hell, Joey!"

Joey glared at his mother. He was annoyed by his mother stopping him. He kept staring at his mother and then he adjusted his gaze to Danny.

"Both of you go to your rooms," she frowned.

Danny immediately went to his room not looking up. He was blinking his tears back and did not want anyone to know that he was crying. Joey followed him after few minutes after giving a warning eye to his mother.

Danny there slammed the door and went to the window to look outside, tears were still blurring the sight. He thought of messaging Adira about cancelling the plan of meeting but somehow he didn't.

And there, Adira kept waiting for him to show up but he never did that day. When she tried calling him the electronic voice informed that his phone os switch off. Tired of waiting for three hours for him, she returned back to her house. She was really upset that he didn't come and neither messaged about cancelling the meet.

She reached home and went straight to her room and sat near to the window to absorb the beauty of night.