twelve

After Adira's death, Danny room became his favourite spot out of all the places as it did not feel right to have the rooftop by himself as it was their special place. Danny naturally used to feel awful sitting alone in his room, he even used to call her on her mobile in the hope that it all was a prank but it wasn't like he thought. It was hard for him to suck the bitter reality.

Danny really needed a support to bring happiness back in his life but no one was ready to be a catalyst. Someone knocked at his door but he chose to ignore that because he knew it might be his mother offering him some snacks but to be honest he wasn't feeling hungry or even if he felt he did not feel it right. This time someone knocked harder at the plain wooden door which was keeping him away from the rest of the world and family.

He sighed uncomfortably and cursed under his breath. He forced his foot near to the door and opened with annoyance written all over his face. There his mother was standing at the door holding two cups of coffee and a peice of cake kept properly on a plastic tray printed with flowers, the same which was on Adira's window the last day he checked upon her.

"Want some coffee?" Mother asked, coming inside the room. He shook his head as he sat on his bed again while resting his back on the wall behind and one leg near to the chest. Danny's mother nudged the coffee cup near to him. "I told you mom, I don't want to drink anything!" His voice was raised and full of irritation and hurt. Despite the raised voice of Danny, his mother smiled at him and kept the cup still near to him. The silence stepped in and filled the space between the duo.

The silence continued and it kind of was an uncomfortable one, his mother really wanted him to see happy and not become depressed like Adira. She felt sorry for her son's loss and was ready to help him to get him out of the sadness which had engulfed the poor young man. Danny and his mother always shared a good realtion and were really close.

His mother broke the silence with the bitter breath of coffee ,"Danny, do you want to talk about anything?" He laughed, sarcastically thinking what he really wanted to talk when everything she knew. "About you know!", his mother cintinued after a pause with a very concerning and amiable tone. She really wanted to ensure that he was okay and also wanted him to know that she was with him, it was her way of showing care and everyone got different ways.

Danny was so confused, he wanted to tell his mom that Adira's death had not affected him much and he was doing fine, just sad beacuse he failed a subject and people didn't actually affect his emotions; but that would be the biggest lie of his existence, wouldn't it? Instead of saying all this he looked at his mother with a faint smile. He came closer to her and shifted the coffee far, he rested his head on his mother's lap. It had been a really long time since he had been in the position. His moter stroked his silky black hair gently and rubbing his forehead with another head in an attempt to close his eyes. To his surprise Danny felt peaceful and comfortable in his mother's lap.

Hai mother began ,"Son! You know, you are really brave and I guess you should know it and be proud of it." A tear drop escaped from his eyes but he wiped it immediately and so fast, he didn't want his mother to see him cry beacuse he had to be strong atleast for her and the times when she was very weak mentally and emotionally both. "I am not brave, mumma!", he whispered, eyes still closed and leg resting on another leg in cross. It was the moment when he was managing hard to hide his emotions and tears from his own mother. He was becoming a mess day be day. He blamed himself for her death because he knew about the cuttings and depression and still could not bring her back to her senses. He was such an awful friend to someone who meant a hell lot of world and a loser too for everyone who could not bear the pain of the loss of his best friend's life. He rally felt miserable about himself. The lump of emotions were struck in his throat and it was painting there, he was finding it hard to swallow down the salvia. He really felt weak!