seven

It was pretty windy at 2 in the morning, she was sitting on one of the swings on terrace of the building, she was gulping down the alcohol from the brim of the bottle which she was holding in her right hand. Her lips went wet and pale due to drinking the alcohol a lot. Her mother as usual wasn't at home, probably working her ass out.

Her cheeks were soaked into tears and till now she has consumed a lot of alcohol. She needed her mother at the very moment. She wanted her mother to wipe off her tears, she wanted her mother to kiss her scars. She wanted her. Whenever she wanted to be embraced by her presence she was unavailable.

Today when she came from school, the telephone was ringing. She accelerated towards it. The news which was received from the other side was enough to make the earth slide beneath her.

From the other side she heard: Your father met with an accident when he was driving home from work and he couldn't be saved.

It was a call from her aunt, Josna from England. The whole conversation was playing on repeat in her head.

She couldn't believe what her aunt said, she lost her mind and started screaming on the receiver itself. Everyone looses their parents but no one wants to fasten that process, not even she. She had already lost her mother, well emotionally yes. And now her dad. She lost everything today. She lost her guidance. She always thought that after completing her schooling she would fly to her dad and live with him as her mother was a lawyer and she played dirty tricks to stop Adi from being near him. She could not meet her father as her mother had her custody and had also forbidden the dad-daughter pair to meet until she was legal. She hated her mother, she knew how to manipulate the family law and how to seek her custody.

Now, she wouldn't be able to see her dad. All her dreams came to an end that moment. It was a time to mourn, grieve and be sad.

Everyone has different ways to deal with death of a parent. For Adira it was drinking and smoking. Till now she had already finished half a bottle and puffed four cigarettes.

She placed the bottle on the ground near her foot, took her head in her hands and started crying loudly and asking asking ,"Why me?"

No one answered and who could even!

They always said to her that God couldn't make to earth so he provided every single soul with parents and now, she had lost, she fucking lost it.

Well, there was another angel in her life, her best friend, Danny. She took out the phone from her skirt pocket and dialled him. He did not make to pick the phone up. She thought that he would have slept so she dug the phone back again in her pocket.

Whereas, Danny was a heavy sleeper so he probably might have not heard the ringing phone. A few minutes the phone rang again at Danny's house. This time he sighed as he heard the music blasting from the phone. He didn't mind checking the caller ID and picked up immediately! "Hello?", he said with his warm voice.

There Adira was crying and her sobs were audible. It didn't take time for Danny to recognise that it was she on the other side. He knew where she might be at this odd hour. He pulled the sheets off at the corner, got up and proceeded towards the bathroom to wash the sleep off his eyes. The cold water touched his face. He was tired but that didn't stop his feet from absconding the house for Adira, who would be at terrace. His eyes were drooping from the lack of sleep and redness was quite visible in his eyes but that didn't stop him either.

He took the lift to the top floor and later stairs to the venue. He proved to be a good best friend even though time posed with enigmas and anxiety attacks of Adira. He always tried his best to be an affable and courteous friend whereas she was full of teenage angst. They were two opposite individuals, maybe that was why they say opposite attract both in love and friendship.