ten

Music was filling Danny's ear as he was tossing the football between his legs. For a long time, which felt like ages he was staring at his room's wall which needed to be plastered again. His vision was vague but his thoughts were directed towards Adira. Her quote from that day was still echoing in his eardrums and were haunting him. Her scars were scaring him and her smoking habits were proving her bizarre.

He rested his upper body on the soft mattress and closed his orbs for a while. When his eyes were closed he could still see her fake smile burning from the saturnine attitude. He was worried about her and didn't want to loose her when she was still there with him.

These days her eyes became as dry and cold as winter of 1945, he missed the flames in her eyes which once kept her warm. Time was a funny concept it lulls when pain isn't bearable anymore and accelerates when joy is unadulterated. In the dramatic earth of busy towns and living beings, she was just surviving with the best fake laugh. She truly was a born magician who knew to trick people with her fake laugh and brawny structure but she and Danny knew the cheat code behind that. She was like the joker in circus, performing her activities just for the sake of it but behind the mask lied hundred of lies.

Her anchorless thoughts filled the vacancy in his brain before he realised that he was asleep, legs hanging down from the bed and touching the cold tiles of his room.

"Hey!" Heard he from a very familiar voice of his best friend. He thought he was dreaming her because he was thinking a lot about her before zoning into the sleepy world. He ignored the voice and turned his body to another direction. His body as it would seem had different idea. In an unfamiliar way he had rolled his body bringing his legs almost near to his broad chest, hands used as pillow. Adi muttered ,"Wake up, wakey wakey." He ignored again to which she sighed in annoyance. She did not once thought and started slapping his shoulder gently as if afraid to hurt him and started jerking as laugh escaped her lips. He thought it was his brother and would shout at him for causing such a disturbance but when he opened his eyes, he met with a familiar figure. He got a bit embarrassed because she might have seen how strangely he curled his body up while he was in his dream land. His standing up movement was in jerk. He cautiously brought his fingers near to his lips and chin to check salvia drool which might be a result of kiss of sleep. He never drooled as his family said but there was no harm to check and look presentable and decent to beautiful Adi.

As he rouse from his sleep rubbing his eyes to erase the sleep off, the fresh cool air waved him a 'hello'. The floor touched to be a fragment of hard sedimentary rock to his tender feet. His eyes were narrowed and the black hair which belonged to him were in every direction making it look as messy and Adira felt like ruffling them but restrained her motives. He definitely hadn't shaved for a few days and a stubble and few hair strands could be traced on his chin under his rosy lips and sharp jawline respectively. She being the curious young lady always wondered how his eyes would look just after waking up and imagined herself to be lucky to be the first person he saw when he opened his lids, but never got a chance to explore his curiosity until today. They looked a shade between black and brown more towards her soul's colour as the bright lit sun penetrated the rays of bullets into his eyes and as a reflex he had put his hand between the sun and the victim as a shield. "Hey, Adi how are you?" His voice was deep.

"Good," she mumbled playing with his fingers and in taking his beauty like oxygen, useful and precious. While adjusting his t-shirt and combing his hair with the bare fingertips he said ,"I thought you were coming yesterday." There was a bit of teasing in his tone. "Yeah, well I went out," she lied to him.

"I even called your phone dude but it neh it was switched off."

She shook her head gently and touched her forehead as another lie fell from her thin lips ,"Yes yes. The battery drained and I forgot to charge."