Chapter 1: After the Ski Lodge

*set after Girl Meets Ski Lodge part 2 after Josh told Maya that he liked her too*
Josh: someday? *looks at Maya smiling*
Maya: someday *shakes hands*
Josh: Maya... let go *chuckles and smirks at the fact that she won't let go of his hand*
Maya: ugh fine *lets go* can I ask you something?
Josh: you can always talk to me Maya. I'll always be here *smiles at her*
Maya: what do we do at family gatherings like Thanksgiving and Christmas? Can we flirt and hang out or do we avoid each other? *looks down at her hands*
Josh: I like our banter ferret. Plus everyone is used to it. If we try to act differently then they'll definitely ask what's wrong. I like being called Boing so let's just act normal *tilts her head so he can see her eyes*
Maya: I don't want to stop jumping on your back *laughs*
Josh: I wouldn't have it any other way *smiles at her* now lets get our stuff on the bus.
Maya: that reminds me, can I sit next to you on the bus? I'm sure Riley will be next to Lucas.
Josh: of course little ferret *grabs her hand and leads her to the bedrooms to gather their clothes*

*an hour later as everyone is getting on the bus*
Cory: okay everyone choose your seat mate carefully because you'll be stuck with them for the next four hours! *counts heads as each person gets on the bus*
Riley: hey Maya is it okay if I sit next to Lucas? *smiles at her best friend*
Maya: of course Riles. I'm sitting with Josh anyways so you and Huckleberry can have privacy.
Cory: *overhears what Maya said* NO! There will be no kissing on this bus! *eyes Rucas and Yoby*
Josh: *laughs at his brother making a big deal over kissing* Maya?
Maya: *sits next to Josh* yes Boing? *smirks*
Josh: *smirks back* want to play a joke on Cory?
Maya: *laughs* duh! Whatcha got planned?
Josh: follow my lead okay? *sees her nod* hey Cory I have to tell you something.
Cory: what's up little bro? *looks at him with concern*
Josh: Maya asked me to marry her and I said yes *looks at Maya trying not to laugh*
Cory: WHAT?! *looks at the two of them*
Maya: yep. I wanna have baby boings running around *tries not to laugh*
Cory: YOU WHAT?! TOPANGA! *shrieks*
Josh: GOT YOU! *starts laughing with Maya*
Cory: so not cool bro! *tries to calm down*
Maya: it was his idea! *points at Josh*
Josh: ferret! *fakes shock* nice touch with the baby boings *laughs*
Maya: you're welcome Boing *smiles*
Topanga: *notices how Joshaya look at each other and smiles* Cory calm down *rubs his back*
Riley: *smiles at Joshaya and grabs her phone to text Maya*
Maya: *her phone beeps and sees a text from Riley: tell me every detail when we get home!* Riley I'm right across the aisle from you *laughs*
Riley: yes but you can't tell me when everyone is listening *eyes Josh's blush*
Maya: just enjoy Huckleberry's presence okay? *laughs* Josh you okay? *notices Josh is quiet*
Josh: yeah I'm fine. Just thinking about someday *smiles at her*
Maya: can we hold hands during the holidays? *looks at him with hope in her eyes*
Josh: sure my little ferret. Shall we start now? *grabs her hand and laces her fingers with hers*
Maya: *smiles at him and rests her head on his shoulder* I could get used to this *chuckles lightly*
Josh: me too Maya. If you're tired, sleep. I'll wake you up when we stop for gas *smiles as she closes her eyes and falls asleep*

*an hour later the bus stops to get gas*
Josh: *looks at Maya sleeping peacefully and gently shakes her* Maya... time to wake up...
Maya: *starts to wake up* hi Josh *sees that they're still holding hands*
Josh: *notices it too* I think we need to let go
Maya: *pouts* fine but you owe me in three weeks at Thanksgiving! *smirks*
Josh: *laughs* deal *lets go of her hand and feel like he's cold without her warm hand*
Maya: *looks at Rucas cuddled up to each other* should I wake them up before Mr. Matthews sees them?
Josh: yeah let's wake them up *grabs a water bottle and hands it to Maya*
Maya: you are trouble Matthews! *smirks and dumps the water on Rucas*
Riley: *jumps up screaming* Maya!
Maya: sorry Riles but we couldn't risk your dad seeing you two sleeping *smirks* plus Uncle Boing gave me the water.
Josh: Maya that is twice you ratted me out *laughs* we really are good together *whispers in her ear*
Maya: someday Boing *smirks at him and gets up to stretch her legs*
Riley: *gets up and takes Maya's seat* okay Josh. Tell me what happened.
Josh: *sighs realizing he can't escape* I told her how I felt and we have a deal for someday.
Riley: *smiles* I knew it. So when is this someday?
Maya: *comes back to her seat* we'll know when it's time. For now I plan to enjoy the next three hours.
Riley: okay peaches *smiles* but I refuse to call you my aunt! *leaves to sit next to Lucas*
Josh: *laughs at Riley's statement* well it looks like we have one person on our side.
Maya: no I'm sure your whole family is.
Josh: I hope so ferret *smiles at her and looks down*
Maya: *smiles* don't worry your pretty little head about it.

*three hours later they arrive back at the school*
Riley: *gets off the bus* Maya are you spending the night tonight?
Maya: *smiles as she grabs her bag from the stack* of course Riles.
Josh: *overhears their conversation* Maya can I walk you home? I'm also staying with Cory tonight.
Maya: *smiles big* sure Boing! *jumps on his back*
Josh: *stumbles but quickly grabs her legs to steady her* I had a feeling you'd do this my little ferret *laughs*
Riley: *takes a picture of Joshaya with her phone* you'll thank me one day.
Cory: *sees Maya on Josh's back* Josh, what's going on?
Josh: all I did was offer to walk her home and next thing I know she's on my back *smiles up at Maya*
Topanga: just be safe and we'll see you at home *gets in the car with Cory*
Lucas: mind if Riley and I join you on the walk home? *grabs Riley's hand*
Maya: sure Huckleberry. Just don't kiss and walk at the same time *teases them and chuckles when she sees them blush*
Josh: yeah I don't want to see my niece kissing anyone *teases them with Maya*

*fifteen minutes later they arrive at the Matthews' apartment*
Riley: *opens the door to see her parents waiting for them* hi mom and dad! *turns to Lucas* thank you for walking me home Lucas.
Lucas: *smiles at her* you're welcome Riley. I just want d to make sure you got home safely *leaves to go home*
Josh: *walks in with Maya on his back* hey family!
Topanga: *smiles at Joshaya* Maya did you really stay on his back the whole walk home?
Maya: *blushes* sorta. He's comfy *playfully ruffles his hair*
Riley: funny thing is that no one seemed to notice *smiles at how happy her best friend is*
Josh: sorry ferret but I gotta put you down *slowly puts her down and tries to ignore the loneliness he felt when she backs away from him*
Maya: *looks at Riley* bay window.
Riley: of course peaches *walks to the bay window with Maya and has the same bay window conversation as the one they had on girl meets ski lodge*
Cory: *waits until the girls are gone* Josh we need to talk.
Josh: *gets a little nervous* okay what's up?
Topanga: Cory go easy on him *walks to Ava's to pick up Auggie*
Cory: what happened this weekend between you and Maya? I know you helped them solved this triangle drama and I'm glad you did. What did you tell Maya to get her sitting next to you on the bus?
Josh: *takes a deep breath* Cory I told her the truth. I have seen her grow up and I promised her that I would stop looking at her as a kid. I told her that I like her too and that I'd always want her in my life. We agreed to someday getting together but we'd live our lives.
Cory: Josh you have grown too. I'm glad you both understand that waiting is the best option. I know it'll suck but you two are strong.
Josh: can we not tell mom and dad yet? I just want some time to think about how to tell them.
Cory: trust me, they know. They've seen the way you look at each other.
Josh: so we can keep our banter and flirting at family gatherings? *smiles*
Cory: yeah but no kissing! I don't think Shawn would like that.
Josh: *laughs* okay no kissing. I'm going to say goodnight to Riley and Maya *gets up and walks to Riley's door*
Maya: *hears a knock at the door and opens it* sup Boing?
Josh: just wanted to say bye and goodnight. I won't be back until Thanksgiving *hugs Riley* bye niece. Have fun with Ranger Rick.
Riley: bye Uncle Josh. You've spent too much time with Maya *laughs*
Josh: *goes to Maya and hugs her* see you little ferret *whispers in her ear* someday *kisses her forehead*
Maya: *smiles* someday Boing.

A/N: Well that's the end of the first chapter! Next chapter is going to be Thanksgiving! I know this first chapter is long. Chapters 2 and 3 will be long as well because I already wrote the chapters in a notebook. Once I completely type the chapters on my phone and post them, I'm going to continue to write the story on my phone instead of in a notebook. I think this will save me some time and I'll be able to post more. Please comment on this chapter cuz I can easily make adjustments to chapter 2 as I'm typing what I already wrote