Chapter 3: Christmas

*the week before Christmas, Maya and Riley are at the mall doing the last of their Christmas shopping*
Maya: Riley I have no idea what to get Josh for Christmas! *frowns*
Riley: I'm in the same boat. What do I get Lucas?
Maya: Huckleberry will love whatever you get him because it'll be from you *smiles*
Riley: well the same goes for you *smirks*
Maya: why don't you get him a book about animals since he wants to be a veterinarian?
Riley: oh my gosh! That's brilliant! Let's go now! *drags her to the book store*
Maya: *laughs* you have to help me when you're done.
Riley: deal *grabs a book and pays for it* do you have any ideas? I can help narrow it down.
Maya: the only thing I can think of is getting him a new beanie. But now it feels like it's not special enough *looks down*
Riley: Maya look at me. That is actually a really good idea. He loves beanies. If you get him one, he'll think of you every time he puts it on *winks at her* now let's go get it before you change your mind!
Maya: *hears her phone beep* speaking of beanie lovers, Josh just text me.
Riley: *laughs* peaches he texts you more than me now. What did he say?
Maya: *blushes at the text* he said "one more week ferret. Will there be mistletoe?" And he put a wink face.
Riley; *laughs* he's flirting with you. Flirt back!
Maya: *replies to the text* I said "getting excited to see me Boing? Good luck catching me under the mistletoe" and I put a wink face *smirks*
Riley: I can't wait to see his face when he sees you next week *walks into a store with Maya to buy Josh's gift*

*one week later it's Christmas Eve*
Maya: *sitting on the sofa holding Josh's gift* Riles I'm nervous. What if he doesn't like it?
Riley: *shouts from the kitchen* he's going to love it. Stop worrying!
Topanga: Maya I've known Josh his whole life. I've never seen him look at someone the way he looks at you. I know you are waiting because you're 15 and he's 18 but he likes you a lot. He suggested the long game because he knows he needs you in his life. Whatever you got him he'll love because it's from you. Now put it down and come help.
Maya: *puts the gift under the tree and goes into the kitchen to help* thank you Mrs. Matthews.
Topanga: it's no problem Maya. Now go set the table. Everyone will be here soon *looks at her watch* actually Josh will probably be first because he'll drive fast like a crazy person *shakes her head while smiling*
Maya: I still can't believe he drove fast for Thanksgiving just to see me.
Riley: I can. He's crazy about you. I guess you'll be my aunt one day *laughs*
Josh: *barges in the room* hey family!
Topanga: told you he'd be here first *laughs*
Riley: did you speed again Uncle Josh? *laughs as she hugs him*
Josh: I plead the fifth. Hey Riley *hugs her* where's Cory and Auggie?
Topanga; storage unit. They're looking for more Christmas decorations. As if this apartment doesn't have enough already *laughs as she hugs him*
Maya: hey Josh *smiles as she walks closer to him*
Josh: Maya! *hugs her tight* how's it going gorgeous?
Maya: pretty good *hugs him back* I like this.
Josh: *whispers in her ear* where's that mistletoe ferret?
Maya: *blushes* uhm Boing? Look up.
Josh: *looks up to see Riley standing on the couch holding a mistletoe over them* thanks niece!
Maya: *blushes* so...
Josh: *places his hands on her cheeks and lifts her head to place a kiss on her lips*
Topanga: *takes a picture* they'll thank me for this one day.
Maya: *pulls back and smiles * wow. Nice kissing skills you got there Boing *smirks at him*
Josh: *smiles* thank God my mom and dad didn't witness that *laughs*
Topanga: *smiles* I got a picture!
Maya: Josh... that was my first kiss *blushes and bites her lip*
Josh: *smiles* I'm glad that I got to be your first kiss. And I can't wait until the day I can kiss you again.
Riley: next week at New Years! *shouts from the kitchen*
Josh: thanks for the reminder Riles but I don't really want an audience *laughs* though I guess we had one this time.
Amy: *walks in the apartment with Allan, Eric and Morgan* what did you have an audience for Josh?
Josh: *blushes* uhm... *looks at Maya silently begging for help*
Maya: *states bluntly* Josh kissed me under the mistletoe *blushes*
Morgan: *squeals* attaboy Josh! I wish I could've seen it.
Topanga: I got a picture *winks*
Amy: I want to see! *rushes to Topanga to see the picture*
Josh: *blushes* good grief guys...
Allan: sorry son. You don't get another first kiss *pats his back*
Maya: it was your first kiss too? *smiles loving that she was his first kiss*
Josh: yup. Best first kiss with the most gorgeous girl *puts his arm around her shoulder*
Maya: definitely. I'm glad my first kiss was with the most handsome guy in the world *smiles*