Chapter 22: New Apartment

Day after Maya's birthday, Josh and Maya are going to paint Josh's (and eventually Maya's) apartment. Warning: it gets a bit steamy later on (make out and remember in chapter 14 when Maya figured out that Josh gets turned on when his hair is tugged on? Yeah Josh figures out what can turn her on)

Maya: *wakes up at 7 and remembers she has to meet Josh at 9* I can't believe he got a new apartment and wants me to move in when someday comes *gets out of bed and gets dressed*
Katy: *knocks on her bedroom door* Maya are you awake?
Maya: *smiles and opens the door* yup mom! I'm helping Josh paint today.
Shawn: I hope it goes better than the last time *laughs*
Maya: you weren't there. How'd you know? *laughs*
Shawn: Cory told me you two came to his door covered head to toe in paint *smirks*
Maya: well Josh started it *laughs* I gotta go or else he's going to waste all the paint. Bye! Love you! *leaves the apartment and heads to the subway*

Meanwhile with Riley
Riley: *eating breakfast with her parents and Auggie and her phone beeps* I wonder who is texting me. Maya is going to be painting with Uncle Josh *looks at her phone* it's Josh *laughs*
Cory: what did he say? *smiles*
Riley: he wants to know if it would be a good idea to paint the bathroom with polka dots *laughs* he's at the paint store right now getting the paint and then he'll meet Maya at the apartment.
Topanga: who puts polka dots in a bathroom? No tell him to pick another color for the bathroom. Maybe a teal or light blue. No dots! *laughs*
Auggie: how long do you think it'll take them to paint?
Cory: well what Maya doesn't know is that the apartment may be next to Josh's old one but it's bigger. So it'll probably take them all day *smiles*
Riley: how much bigger? *looks at him curiously*
Topanga: big enough to have a bay window. Josh knew you and Maya would need a bay window. He made sure it had one *smiles*
Riley: *tears up* he did that for us?
Cory: he did. He loves you both. He knows your bond is sacred and won't break anytime soon. He wants you to be comfortable over there too. Maya isn't living there yet but he knows you both will be there a lot.
Riley: *smiles* he's the best uncle ever. Does Maya know about the bay window?
Topanga: nope. He told us that he wanted to surprise her.

With Josh and Maya
Maya: *pulls out her phone and texts Josh: I'm outside. Should I use my key to get in?*
Josh: *smiles as he sees her text and responds: yeah get used to using that key gorgeous*
Maya: *uses her new key to unlock the door and opens it* Josh? You here?
Josh: *laughs* yeah I'm here. Follow the sound of my voice. I have a surprise for you.
Maya: *follows the sound of his voice and when she finds him in a bedroom she lets out a gasp* you didn't! *smiles*
Josh: *smiles* yeah I did. I made sure there's a bay window. Surprise!
Maya: *shrieks and jumps on him hugging him* thank you thank you thank you!!!

Josh: *hugs her back* do you notice anything else beautiful?Maya: *looks at the bay window and smiles* it's exactly like Riley's

Maya: *looks at the bay window and smiles* it's exactly like Riley's.
Josh: I want you to know that Riley is always welcome here. I want you both to be comfortable here. I don't want you to feel like you can't have Riley over all the time. Go explore the place *smiles*
Maya: *kisses his cheek and gets up to look around the apartment* you already got furniture?
Josh: I've been planning this for months. We just need to paint one room and the adjoining bathroom. Everything else can be painted in the future.
Maya: which room are we painting? *smiles as she looks around*
Josh: our bedroom *smiles*
Maya: you said our. But it's your room until I move in *smiles at him*
Josh: it'll always be our room gorgeous *hugs her from behind*
Maya: so this isn't our bedroom? *looks at the bay window*
Josh: no. It's Riley and your room for when she spends the night and you will obviously be with her the whole time. Like I said, I want you both to be comfortable here *bites his lip* I had Cory and Topanga help me make it look exactly like Riley's room so that you two are the most comfortable.
Maya: *hugs him tight* I love you Boing. Thank you *kisses him*
Josh: *kisses her back* I love you too ferret. Ready to see our room? I think you'll like the paint color but if not we can go get another color.
Maya: I wanna see it *smiles as Josh leads her to another bigger bedroom*
Josh: I know we won't be sharing this room immediately but it's ours *smiles as she takes in the whole room*