Chapter 4: New Years Eve part 1

*it's New Years Eve and Maya comes through the bay window like always*
Maya: *climbs through the window* hey Riles!
Riley: *sitting at the window smiling* peaches! Uncle Josh will be here today.
Maya: *laughs* I know honey. This will be an interesting day.
Riley: yeah are you guys going to kiss at midnight? *winks*
Maya: *blushes* I don't know since Shawn and your dad will be there... I don't really want Josh to get murdered *laughs*
Josh: *barges in the bedroom* yeah I don't wanna be killed either ferret *laughs*
Riley: were you ease dropping Uncle Josh? *eyes him suspiciously*
Josh: well in my defense I was walking to the bathroom and I heard my name in the same sentence as Maya's and kissing. My curiosity got the better of me *laughs*
Maya: well now we know Riley that we gotta talk quieter *smirks*
Josh: planning on talking more about me ferret? *smirks*
Maya: *blushes* I plead the fifth.
Topanga: *walks in* oh good Maya's here! Okay you three come eat breakfast!
Maya: already ate Topanga *starts walking to the table knowing that Topanga is going to make her eat*
Topanga: hon how long have you known me? That doesn't work on me and you know it *laughs* now sit and eat *places pancakes in front of her*
Maya: yum! My favorite *smiles and grabs her fork* thanks Topanga *sees Josh grab a pancake from her plate* JOSH! That's mine!
Josh: *laughs and takes a bite* still want it?
Maya: Boing we've kissed. You think you're going to get away with stealing my pancake? Nope! *grabs the rest of the pancake and eats it*
Cory: wait when did you two kiss? *looks shocked*
Josh: well my darling niece got us under the mistletoe on Christmas Eve *smiles at Maya eating the pancake* I love how you aren't afraid to eat a pancake after I took a bite *laughs*
Maya: nothing will stop me from getting my pancakes Boing. Not even if you take a bite of it.
Topanga: you guys are too cute *places a plate of pancakes in front of Josh* now Josh doesn't have an excuse to eat Maya's.
Riley: *smiles at Josh and Maya* can your someday just be today?
Joshaya: not today. But it's coming soon *laughs as they talk in unison*
Cory: *mumbles* great now they are talking in unison! What's next? Finishing each other's sentences?
Josh: don't give us-
Maya: any ideas *laughs with Josh*
Cory: *throws his hands up* I'm calling Shawn! You two are acting too much like a couple. Need I remind you that Josh is 18 and you're almost 16?
Josh: bro I can't help how I act around Maya. I'm done playing the age difference card. I like being able to talk to her. I like that this is natural for us. Would you rather have us have fun or be awkward around each other? *looks at Cory who looks down*
Cory: you're right Josh. I should just let you guys be. But Shawn is going to be here tonight so I'd watch what you say and do if I were you.
Joshaya: we will *laughs again*
Auggie: that is always going to be weird.
Cory: says the boy who's been married to Ava for 54 years *shakes his head*
Topanga: okay what is everyone going to do today until tonight? *smiles at her family's shenanigans*
Josh: well I was hoping I could steal Maya and Riley and go ice skating *smiles*
Cory: yeah sure go ahead just don't let them get hurt *smiles*
Josh: wouldn't dream of it *places his plate in the sink* girls get ready then we'll leave.
Riley: can Lucas join us? *smiles*
Josh: yeah Huckleberry can come with us *laughs*
Topanga: *laughs* Josh you sound like Maya.
Maya: what's wrong with that? *laughs*
Josh: yeah I don't see a problem with it. I like that me and Maya are starting to act like each other *notices Maya's trying to steal his beanie from his pocket*
Maya: *grabs his beanie and puts it on* yes Boing? *smirks at a dazed looking Josh*
Josh: you guys ready to do? *smiles* you look good in my beanie Maya. I didn't think a girl would ever look this good in something of mine.
Cory: *groans* you're lucky Shawn isn't here to hear this sap!
Joshaya: gooey sap? *busts out laughing at the ski lodge reference*
Riley: Lucas is meeting us there *walks out of her bedroom and sees Maya in Josh's beanie* nice beanie peaches. I'm going to assume it's Josh's right? *smiles*
Topanga: yup she took it from him and you missed the part where he was drooling *laughs*
Josh: I wasn't drooling! *blushes*
Maya: sorry Boing but you were looking at me like I was a cheeseburger *laughs*
Josh: for the record I wasn't ogling and I wouldn't. I would treat you with respect. You aren't a piece of meat. You're a person. A pretty gorgeous person *grabs her hand as they walk out the door* see you later Cory and Topanga!
Topanga: *waits to speak until they're out the door* when is he going to realize that she is his Topanga and that he's in love with her? Does he even remember that conversation you had before we left Philly?
Cory: I don't know. I know I act like I don't like them together. I just want my brother to be happy. And I can see that they're happy together. I hope he realizes it soon!

*they take the subway to the ice skating rink*
Riley: *Maya went to the bathroom and Riley goes up to talk to Josh* hey Josh I heard my parents talking about something as we were leaving.
Josh: what did they say?
Riley: *smirks* oh just something about Maya being your Topanga and you being in love with her.
Josh: *eyes go wide as he remembers that conversation all those years ago* oh. My. God. How did I not see this before? Of course she is... Riley when I was really young and Cory and Topanga were leaving for New York, Cory told me that one day I'd find my own Topanga. My own soulmate. It's Maya. It's always been her. You can't tell her. I have to tell her at the right time. I need to tell her when someday is closer. I can't practically declare my love for her and then make her wait. That would kill her! *sees Maya walk towards them* not a word Riley!
Riley: *nods her head* for what it's worth, I'm glad she's your Topanga *smiles*
Maya: *jumps on Josh's back* hey Boing!
Josh: *laughs* hey ferret. Having fun up there? *smiles*
Maya: yes I am. Let's go skate! *hops down and runs for the skate rental table*
Josh: *shakes his head while laughing* I care about her so much *smiles*
Riley: I know you do. She cares about you too. I know it. She just wants someday to hurry up *pats his back before running to Maya*
Josh: *mutters under his breath* she's not the only one... *walks over to the girls with a goofy smile on his face*
Maya: *sees a goofy look on Josh's face* Josh... are you okay? Why are you looking at me like that? *smiles*
Josh: I just love seeing a gorgeous girl like yourself so happy *hugs her*
Maya: *blushes* well it's because this really cute guy decided to take me ice skating knowing that I love it.
Riley: *smiles* I wish Lucas was here already.
Lucas: *covers Riley's eyes with his hands* guess who!
Riley: Lucas! *pulls his hands away and hugs him tight* I'm glad you're here! I was afraid that I'd get stuck with joshaya here!
Joshaya: what's joshaya? Stop copying me! *laughs as they talk at the same time*
Lucas: Riles how long have they been doing this unison thing? *laughs*
Riley: since this morning. Even we don't do that and we're actually dating. And joshaya is your relationship name. Mine and Lucas's is Rucas. Farkle and Smackle is Smarkle. My mom and dad are Corpanga. Shawn and Katy are Shaty.
Maya: Riley, honey, you have way to much time on your hands *laughs* but joshaya does sound cute *winks at Josh*
Josh: yes ferret I know that wink. I know you want someday to be today. Trust me I do too. But it'll come sooner than you think. Now let's go ice skate *kisses her cheek close to her mouth*
Maya: do I at least get a kiss at midnight? *whispers in his ear while biting her lip*
Josh: yes ferret you'll get a kiss *kisses her forehead* now let's go skate PLEASE! *begs her*
Maya: alright fine Boing! *lets him pull her to the rink* you're lucky I like you.
Josh: I like you too Maya. A lot more than I let on at the ski lodge. I need you in my life ferret *skates around the rink with Maya laughing and having fun*

*couple hours later everyone is back at the Matthews' apartment*
Cory: I need to talk to you Joshy *sitting on the couch with everyone talking*
Josh: sure Cory. But can everyone stop calling me Joshy? *groans and gets up to talk to Cory*
Maya: *uses her puppy eyes* even me Joshy?
Josh: *groans lowly* gah! Fine only Maya can. How can I resist those puppy eyes?
Cory: *leads Josh to the hallway where the bedrooms are* do you remember when I left Philly when you were like 2?
Josh: *starts to see where this conversation is going* yeah I do. I remember you talked to me.
Cory: *smiles* do you remember what I said?
Josh: oh let me see... did it have to do with me finding a friend like Shawn and a girl like Topanga? *smirks*
Cory: okay you do remember that *smiles* I think I know who your Topanga is.
Josh: yeah I know who it is. It's Maya *smiles*
Cory: when did you know?
Josh: honestly? Today Riley overheard you and Topanga talking and when she told me it dawned on me that it's always been Maya. But I can't tell her yet. I can't tell her this and then expect her to play the long game with me. I need to tell her when it's closer to someday *looks down*
Cory: I know Josh. I'm so happy you found your Topanga. I wish you guys could be together now but I guess the universe wants you to wait.

A/N: this is the end of part 1. I decided to do two parts because I feel guilty for taking over a week to post a chapter. Please enjoy this chapter and comment and vote 😆 love you guys! Part 2 should be up soon!