Chapter 17: Conversations are the most important part of any relationship

*continues from last chapter. It's almost midnight and everyone is asleep. Maya sneaks out the window to go to Josh's apartment*
Maya: *reaches Josh's door and smiles* I hope tonight goes well *knocks on the door*
Josh: *talking to Jasmine and Andrew when he hears a knock at the door* is that Maya? I hope so! *smiles as he opens the door* hey ferret!
Maya: *hugs him* sup Boing!
Jasmine: *takes a look at Maya* is this the same Maya that crashed a college party a couple years ago? You grew up *smiles*
Maya: *smiles* hey Jasmine! Long time no see! *hugs her*
Andrew: *pats Josh on the back* face it dude. She fits in well.
Josh: *smiles at Jasmine and Maya talking as if they have been friends for years* Maya can fit in with anyone. She's social and rebellious. She's...
Andrew: *finishes his sentence* perfect for you man *smiles*
Jasmine: well who's up for some truth or dare? *looks at Josh who's about to say something* chill we'll keep it PG-13.
Maya: I still say rated R will be more fun.
Josh: we've had that discussion already Maya. Nope not going to happen *rolls his eyes*
Maya: fine. Let's start! Andrew truth or dare?
Andrew: well seeing as you're a sophomore in high school, how bad can you be? I say truth *smiles*
Maya: *smirks* oh boy! Okay you have to answer honestly. Do you have a crush on someone?
Andrew: *blushes and avoids looking at Jasmine* yes.
Josh: *smirks at Maya knowing why she asked that* you're devious Maya. Andrew it's your turn.
Andrew: Josh, truth or dare?
Josh: dare *smirks* I'm not afraid of you dude.
Andrew: *chuckles* I dare you to do a body shot.
Maya: okay this is going to make me sound ridiculous but who's body is going to have the shot? *has a feeling it'll be her*
Andrew: *gives Maya a "for real?" look* you.
Josh: *laughs* I saw that coming. I accept that dare.
Maya: fine but I'm not taking my shirt off! *lies down and raises her shirt to her belly button*
Josh: *does the body shot [i don't feel like explaining what a body shot is for those who don't know]*
Maya: *blushes* well that was fun. Josh it's your turn to ask.
Josh: *smirks at Jasmine* Jaz, truth or dare?
Jasmine: dare but no body shots *smiles*
Josh: I dare you to play seven minutes in heaven with a guy in the room. Your choice.
Maya: *bites her lip hoping she doesn't pick Josh*
Jasmine: *gets up and grabs Andrew's hand*
Andrew: me? *smiles*
Jasmine: well I can't pick Josh cuz he's already taken even though it's not official. Plus I've always kinda liked you *blushes*
Andrew: really? I like you too *smiles and leads her to his room*
Josh: well since they're already busy, whatcha wanna do? *smiles at Maya*
Maya: *sees that it's midnight* it's officially Christmas Boing! Merry Christmas.
Josh: Merry Christmas gorgeous *kisses her cheek*
Maya: you missed *smirks*
Josh: *sees a devious glint in her eyes* oh I did?
Maya: *moves closer until she's sitting in his lap* yes you did *kisses him*
Josh: *immediately kisses back and tangles his hands in her hair*
*Joshaya continues to make out until Andrew and Jasmine finish the dare*
Andrew: *walks into the living room to see Joshaya making out* whoa! I thought we were the ones doing seven minutes in heaven *smirks*
Jasmine: you guys suck at playing the long game you know that? She's almost 17 Josh. Not quite 18 but just make it official already *smiles*
Joshaya: *pulls apart blushing* sorry.
Josh: as much as I'd love to start our someday, it's not time yet. But I know when it will *smiles*
Maya: you do? Tell me! *smiles*
Josh: *chuckles* I can't because it's going to be special and it's going to happen when you least expect it. [okay because I love you guys I will tell you this about their someday: it WON'T be on her 18th birthday or graduation. Too cliche and I've seen enough fanfics where the writer makes their someday on either of those days. So I refuse to be part of the cliche]
Andrew: you two are idiots for waiting *rolls his eyes*
Maya: yeah but you're the one who told him to go to the ski lodge to join the long game. So it's your fault *sticks her tongue out*
Josh: *laughs* technically you started the long game at family game night. You have been playing longer than I have and I regret not joining sooner *kisses her nose*
Maya: if we're getting technical, Riley was the one who chose to play the long game instead of winning and Cory told us that life is the long game. So really when I said "I'm in it for the long game" I meant I'm in it for life. It's always been you Josh. Always.
Josh: it makes my heart burst with more love whenever I hear you tell me how much you care about me *rests his forehead against hers*
Jasmine: Yoo-hoo! Remember us? *smiles* if you guys want privacy me and Andrew can just go back to my place.
Andrew: *smiles* I like the sound of that already *holds her hand* bye!
*Jasmine and Andrew leave*
Maya: how much trouble do you think we'd get in if I stay the night?
Josh: *stands up and picks Maya up in his arms* don't know. Don't care. You're staying.
Maya: *smiles* they're going to freak when they wake up and I'm not there. I don't want to go.
Josh: *walks into his room* like I said, you're staying. Let's just cuddle okay? *smiles*
Maya: *smiles as he places her on the bed* deal. Tonight was fun. I'm glad I came.
Josh: *pulls Maya closer to him* me too gorgeous. I'm sorry though.
Maya: *looks at him* for what? You didn't do anything?
Josh: I'm sorry for always saying I'm too old for you. I'm sorry for pushing you away because I was in denial about how I felt. I'm sorry it took me so long to tell you that I've always felt the same. I'm sorry that I made you think I didn't like you back. I wish I could take it back. Maybe if I told you sooner...
Maya: Josh. Stop. If you told me sooner we wouldn't have had our special moment at the ski lodge. We'd be playing the long game for even longer than we are now. Don't you dare feel bad for not telling me sooner. So it took you a while to admit you like me, who cares? I'm not mad at you nor have I ever been.
Josh: you never got mad when I said I was too old for you? *smiles weakly*
Maya: nope. I always knew we'd end up together whether it's now or when we're old. Hope isn't for suckers now. I was determined to show you that it wasn't a crush. Can I tell you a secret?
Josh: *smiles while lazily drawing shapes on her hands* you can say anything you want babe.
Maya: *blushes at being called babe* I always knew you liked me. I was just waiting for you to say it.
Josh: you knew? How? *blushes*
Maya: well there was the time you comforted me after my dad left. And there were moments throughout the years that showed me you cared. I was sure of your feelings when you got your acceptance letter. I jumped on your back but you didn't immediately get me off. Sure you playfully ran around the room trying to get me off but I knew you didn't really want that. I've jumped on huckleberry's back and he always puts me down instantly. You don't. You say I gravitate towards you but I'd argue that we both gravitate towards each other. Remember when I told you about the cavemen holding hands and you ran out the door?
Josh: *groans* I do. I know what you're going to say.
Maya: I saw it in your eyes before you ran. You wanted to say it right then and there but you didn't. It was then that I knew you'd tell me when you were ready to admit it to yourself.
Josh: I'm an observer. But it seems like you are too ferret. You noticed a lot about me. You know me better than anyone else. I tried to keep it hidden but I'm not good at it when it comes to you. There were so many times I just wanted to say "screw it" and run up to you and kiss you. But I couldn't get myself to accept that I've always been in love with you *smiles and kisses her forehead*
Maya: when it comes to you Josh I can't help but observe.
Josh: wait if you knew I liked you then why did you come to the college party?
Maya: Riley thinks it was 'cause I was scared to lose you which was part of it. I thought maybe if I told you exactly how much I like you, it would give you the push to say it back.
Josh: it killed you when I didn't say it didn't it?
Maya: at first I thought I killed all my chances but the second you got up to walk us home... I still saw it in your eyes. You still liked me but it wasn't the time to say it. Then when you said I was mature for telling Cory about the party, I saw the best thing in your eyes. You said "you're not so little anymore Maya. I guess I have to stop seeing you that way". I saw in your eyes that you were starting to accept that you had feelings for me. I thought the college party would give you the push you needed. I was right. It pushed you to admit to yourself how you feel about me.
Josh: I never knew you saw all that. You're right. After the party I finally accepted that I love you. I still needed to wait for the right time. When Topanga told me about the triangle, I was terrified that I waited too long. I was terrified that I lost you to huckleberry. Thankfully you giggled when I walked in the classroom and I was so happy.
Maya: *smiles and cuddles closer* you were happy because Andrew's theory was right.
Josh: yes and I knew that I had to tell you that weekend. It couldn't wait any longer because it hit me that at any time I could lose you *hugs her tight*
Maya: you'd never lose me boing. You captured my heart from the beginning. Huckleberry was never going to take me from you. I was just turning into Riley to make sure he's good enough for her. Don't worry about losing me. I only love you *kisses his cheek*

*Joshaya continue to talk all night*
Josh: *looks at the time* Maya it's 7 am.
Maya: we talked all night *smiles* time flies when I'm with you boing *hears her phone ring* shit I bet it's Riley *checks her phone* yep it's Riles
Josh: answer her *chuckles*
Maya: *answers the phone* hello?
Riley: *over the phone* WHERE ARE YOU?! Everyone is awake and is worried about where you went!
Maya: *laughs* honey calm down. Think about it. You know me. Where would I go in the middle of the night if I'm not going to your house?
Riley: *slaps her forehead* of course. Say hi to Uncle Josh for me. You better get here soon because everyone is freaking out.
Maya: *rolls her eyes and grabs her shoes* okay we're on our way *hangs up the phone* let's go?
Josh: *laughs* we're dead the second we walk in the door. Even when we say we just spent the night talking they'll never believe that.
Maya: let's just get this over with boing. How mad can they be? It's Christmas!

Needless to say, even though it was Christmas, everyone wasn't too pleased to find out that Maya was at Josh's all night. Their punishment? None. They just stayed up all night talking. They were told that next time, they need to leave a note.

A/N: that's the end of this chapter and the end of sophomore year! Next chapter is going to jump to summer before junior year. Maya will be 17 and learning to drive. And who's going to teach her? None other than Joshua Gabriel Matthews himself! Don't forget to vote and comment! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! 😘 love you all!

The Long Game To Reach Someday | Joshaya (discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें