The Selfless Deal

Yamato had put on a cloak with his hood up; it was with his Uncle Mario's stuff to keep warm as night began to fall. He held onto the reigns of the horse as he carried him through the forest. He never had been in this direction. He admitted it was rather creepy. As they continue along the pathway, they were near the castle. The horse starts to panic as Yamato jumps off.

"Stay calm, it will be okay." Yamato tells the horse as he gently pats his head. The gates were opened to the castle as he sees a scarf that belonged to Mario as he rushes over to pick it up. "Uncle!" Yamato exclaims as he looks ahead at the castle. He wondered if his Uncle took shelter in the castle to keep warm. He walked up to the door, knocking first but no one answered. He turned the doorknob as he realized it was open already.

He peeped is head to look in, the castle appeared to be dark. As if it was abandoned, so he didn't see the harm in going in especially when he knows his Uncle was in the castle.

"UNCLE?!" Yamato screamed out as he opens the door, closing it behind him.

"Did you here . . . a young man is in the castle?" One of female servants in castle told Amu. Due to the curse the female servants have turned into different animals. The one that informed Amu had turned into a blue bird.

"Don't be ridiculous . . ." Amu doubted.

"UNCLE!" Yamato's voice could be heard as they rushed to the door. Taking a peek as they watched him from a distance. Going back inside quietly.

"I can't believe it!" Amu blurts out. She covered her mouth, hoping he didn't hear her. They looked again but Yamato didn't seem to notice them.

"See! I told you!" The servant girl replies again.

"Shouldn't we tell the princess?" Tusk questioned.

"She probably won't believe it, there is any point anyway? She believes no man will fall in love with her because of her appearance." Leo

"The princess could win anyone over. If it weren't for that temper." Amu told them. "and if she learned to be less selfish."

"Yeah right!"

"We need to think of all her positive traits." Amu continues, choosing to ignore the comment.

"Well let's see, she's selfish, demanding . . . and let's not forget that temper. Yes, that's all the qualities a suitor is looking for . . . "Tusk sarcastically addresses.

"Your sarcasm is very unappealing." Leo remarks. He had his arms folded. Like he was proud of his comeback.

"No, one asked you." Tusk angrily tells Leo, annoyed.

"What's that? Showing emotion are we, Tusk?" Leo continued to tease him; this only seemed to annoy him even more. Before he could tell him off again, he could feel a hand touching him as he turned to look at Amu.

"Come on think, positive. For me, Tusk." Winking her eyelashes at him, giggling which caused him to fluster as he turned to look away. Being with Amu always seemed to calm him. He could never admit he had growing feelings for her. Yes, he cared about her very deeply but he never would address that out loud. Leo could only laugh because it was just so obvious.

"Tusk, you're blushing." Leo teased.

"No, I'm not!" Tusk denied.

"I am going to tell the princess . . ." Amu says as she heads out the door. She knew Sera had to be informed. After all this could be the chance of a lifetime. They've been waiting so long to become human again. He could be the one to finally break the spell.

Meanwhile Yamato kept searching around the castle. He knew his uncle was there. The fact he wasn't answering when he called him was his main concern. He came to the conclusion that something happened to him. Mario would have answered him. Let him no he was okay, there was no need to worry.