Changing Will {11}

“Remind me why you’re coming home with me?” Sonnet asked as we walked up her driveway together.

                “Because your brother and I are going to have wild sex together,” I said.

                “I don’t even think I want to know what’s between you and William,” she said, shaking her head.

                She unlocked the front door and pushed it open. We went inside together and she watched me as I slipped my shoes off.

                “Just don’t be too obnoxiously loud. Quite frankly, I don’t care what you two are doing down there. But his room is directly below mine,” she said before turning and heading upstairs.

                I grinned and shook my head, making my way down to Will’s room. I knocked on the door, wondered why I even bothered, and threw the door open.

                “You could wait for me to let you in,” Will said, scowling at me.

                “I could, but I won’t,” I said.

                “Hey, he’s the one that helped us with the scripts,” Phoenix said.

                “Thanks for that Sherlock,” I said.

                “Did you ever think that maybe you don’t have friends because you’re a sarcastic little shit?” Will offered helpfully.

                “I think it’s because my personality is just so dazzlingly amazing that it frightens people away,” I said, going over to his bed and sitting on it.

                “What’s he doing here?” Phoenix asked Will curiously.

                “Good question,” Will grumbled, even though we both knew why I was here.

                “I’m here to brighten up your days,” I said.

                “That’s very kind of you, but I have to head out,” Phoenix said, standing up. “I have a paper to write. Catch you later Will.”

                “Yea, see you later Phoenix,” Will said.

                Phoenix left the room, shutting the door as he went. I shot Will a curious look, wondering why Phoenix had been here.

                “Working on a script?” I guessed.

                “You know, I do have friends,” he said in annoyance. “We were just hanging out.”

                “Yea, well, now we’re hanging out,” I said.

                Will rubbed the back of his neck, suddenly looking awkward. “Yea. I guess we are hanging out now.”

                “Do you have a lot of friends from college?” I asked.

                “Yea,” he said. But that guarded look was back in his eyes.

                “Really?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

                “Yes, really,” he said, glaring at me.

                I shrugged and fell back on his bed, folding my hands behind my head and looking up at his blank ceiling. Will wasn’t being honest with me.