Changing Will {16}

I yawned as I walked through the hallways. I was so tired. I had barely slept last night thanks to more wonderful nightmares.

                Someone slammed into me and I stumbled forward. I sighed and spun around, expecting Jude.

                “Well, you’re not Jude. Such a shame. I prefer getting beat up by an attractive man,” I said.

                “Fuck off Ethan,” Nate said, shoving me into the wall and continuing on his merry way.

                “Rude!” I called after him, rubbing my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and made my way down to Benji’s locker.

                “Hey,” I greeted.

                “Hi Ethan,” he said, shutting his locker.

                “Hey losers. Where’s Gideon?” Sonnet asked, coming up to us.

                “He probably slept through his alarm again,” Benji said with a shrug.

                “I wish I had,” I said, rubbing at my eyes.

                “Me too. My stupid brother woke me up at 3 in the morning because he punched the ceiling. Who punches the ceiling at 3 in the freaking morning?” Sonnet grumbled, looking irritated.

                Ah, so Will was still having nightmares too. Aw, how cute. My boyfriend and I were a couple of mentally fucked up paranoids.

                The bell rang, making me jump in surprise. I mentally sighed, realizing that today would be a long day indeed.

                                                                                                ***

                “Ethan!”

                Someone was shaking me. I jerked up, stumbling back and almost falling out of the chair I was in.

                My teacher scowled at me. “Can you try to stay awake, Ethan?”

                “Sorry. Rough night,” I said, yawning and stretching.

                “You’ve never fallen asleep before in my class. Are you okay?” he asked.

                “Oh I’m just dandy,” I said, standing up and slinging my bag over my shoulder. “Catch you later, teacher.”

                He watched me leave his classroom without another word. Most teachers jut looked at me and realized I was a lost cause. I was used to it by now.

                “Laughing like it works, bleeding like it don’t hurt, knock you off your feet, even if you need me, tear you apart, and I hate how I need you,” my music sang as I popped my earphones in.

                I spotted Jude and Landon standing in the hallway together. Jude was smirking and saying something that had Landon smirking right back.

                They noticed me and their smirks grew. They didn’t move towards me, though, and I was grateful. I was way too tired to deal with getting the shit beat out of me right now.

                I went into the cafeteria and started towards our table. Benji noticed me and smiled. But his smile slipped as his eyes slid behind me.