Changing Will {18}

“Wake up,” Will said, shaking me. “You’re going to be late for class.”

                “Good,” I grumbled, rolling over and pulling the covers over my head.

                “Not good. Get out of bed,” he commanded.

                “You’re not the boss of me,” I said, burrowing deeper into the covers.

                “Ethan get out of bed before we’re late!”

                I jumped up, springing out of Will’s bed. Sonnet crossed her arms and glared at me from the doorway.

                “I’ll be ready in five minutes!” I cried.

                “You better be,” she said and left the room.

                Will snickered. “You’re my little sister’s bitch. It’s almost comical.”

                “If she told you to get out of bed, you would get out of bed,” I said, digging through his drawers in search of clothes.

                “Well, it was you she was yelling at, not me,” he said, folding his hands behind his head and watching me get dressed.

                “I’m coming back after school,” I informed him.

                “I should be home. My last class got cancelled for today,” he said, his eyes closing. “You can take a nap. I know you kept waking up throughout the night. I heard you talking in your sleep and yelling.”

                “And I knew you were up most of the night. How romantic,” I said, picking up his comb and holding it up so that he could see it. “See this? We use it for our hair. Try it sometime.”

                He shook his head, his tangled locks swinging back and forth lazily. “Nah, I’m still trying this whole poetic image where my messy hair represents my emotional state.”

                “Sometimes I get the urge to shove a koala up your ass, but I resist it for the koala’s sake,” I informed him, proceeding to brush my hair.

                He eyed me appreciatively. His clothes fit me surprising well, and I had to admit that my hair looked amazing today.

                “You’re cute,” he confirmed.

                “Sexy,” I corrected.

                “Don’t push it.” He rubbed his eyes and pulled the blanket up over himself. “See you later, Ethan.”

                “Bye,” I said, leaving his room. Sonnet and her dad were waiting for me in the hallway, and I followed them out to the car.

                Lucky for me, Leo didn’t play headache inducing music this time. Sonnet plugged in her iPod instead, playing Panic! At The Disco.

                He dropped us off at the school and we thanked him before heading inside. We searched around until we found Benji and Gideon.

                “Hey guys,” Benji greeted.

                Gideon squinted at me a little. “Is that a hickey on your neck?”

                I looked down and sighed. “Oops. I forgot to wear a shirt that would hide that.”

                “Oh god. That’s from Will?” Benji asked, looking mortified.