Changing Will {19}

“Upon arrival the guests had all stared. Dripping wet and clearly depressed, he’d headed straight for the stairs. No longer cool but a boy in a stitch, unprepared for a life full of lies and failing relationships.”

                I couldn’t tell whose tongue was in whose mouth, or where my body ended and where Will’s began. I just knew that our shirts were on the ground, our bodies were pressed together, and we were making out heavily.

                “Up the stairs, the station where the act becomes the art of growing up.”

                I pulled Will’s body closer to mine, if that were even possible. My heart was racing, and lust was steadily consuming my body.

                The door creaked open and Will jerked away from me. Sonnet made a face at us and shook her head.

                “Gross. Mom told me to tell you dinner was ready. She called to you, but obviously you were too busy to hear,” she said.

                “Get out, bitch!” Will snapped, whipping a pillow at her head.

                Sonnet caught the pillow and snickered, dropping it to the floor and leaving his room, the door still open. Will rolled off of me and rubbed at his eyes, his face heating up in embarrassment.

                “Stupid bitch,” he grumbled, standing up and tossing my shirt to me as he pulled his own back on.

                “So much more than he could ever give, a life free of lies and a meaningful relationship. He keeps his hands pinned down at his sides. He waits for it to end, and for the aching in his gut to subside.” Will’s speakers continued to sing on.

                Will went over and snatched his iPod, stopping the music. I stood up, running my hands through my hair to fix it.

                “I’m going to head home before my mom thinks I’m dead in the school parking lot,” I said.

                “Bye,” Will said.

                I left their house and popped in my earphones. “Got you down on bended knee, what should my next weapon be?” I mumbled along with my music.

                I was worried about Will. Despite the make out we had slipped into after Asher had left, Will had been acting weird.

                He was worried about people discovering his sexuality. Jude was doing this to him on purpose, and god only knew how far Jude would take this.

                I pushed my front door open and went inside. I went upstairs, following the smell of food into the dining room.

                “Ethan!” mom said in surprise. “I didn’t realize you were coming home for dinner.”

                “Surprise bitch, I bet you thought you’d seen the last of me,” I said and sat down at the table.

                Mom rolled her eyes. “Well, I made enough in case you did come home,” she said, setting food down on the table. “Let me just get your father and then we can eat.”

                She disappeared and reappeared with my dad trailing behind her a minute later. They sat down across from me and we started eating in silence.

                “So where have you been disappearing to lately, Ethan?” dad asked.

                Oops, I guess I forgot to tell my parents I had a hot mess of a boyfriend.