X

The King of Hyrule was in his quarters, preparing for his speech that would be held in less than an hour from now. He had already written a very long speech discussing Hyrule's income and tax matters. Although they were not the biggest issue in their kingdom, it had to be addressed at some point, and he would need the people's opinions as well.

Meanwhile, his daughter was standing behind the curtains of the room where the speech would be given. Zelda was awaiting her bodyguard's arrival. Surely, he had the arrows ready and he was prepared for this.

Zelda did not feel the least bit guilty about doing this, or even the fact that she was making Link do it without caring about what he thought about this. Honestly, she did not care what happened to Link, though she would try with all her power to protect him. If he got caught, she would defend him and accuse it on another person. If the guards did not believe her, she would then bid her final words to Link as he would be taken away for an execution.

The princess waited and waited, no sign of Link anywhere. She was beginning to grow impatient. Did he not hear her correctly, or even read the notes she had made? The speech was starting soon; it was almost seven o'clock, only about thirty minutes until her father would arrive and begin his speech.

Zelda thought about it for a moment, thinking about the plans she had made. The speech was only going to be going on for about an hour or so, thus Link did not have all the time in the world to be late for this. Though, if he came about halfway through the speech, it would be even better. If Link assassinated her father right when he began, it would be a little too suspicious. The blonde heaved a sigh, and smiled lightly as she began to walk to her father's quarters, to bid him good luck with his speech, and to say one last goodbye to him. Not that she even cared about him in the first place, though.

She turned the corner and was greeted by a crowd of guards, standing in front of the door to her father's quarters. Upon realizing who the woman was, the guards instantly stepped aside, allowing Zelda to open the doors to her father's quarters. She flashed a fake smile at her father as he looked up at her.

"Zelda, dear. Do you need something?" her father asked. "I don't exactly have the time at the moment, though, so make this quick."

His daughter shook her head. "Nothing important. I just wanted to bid you good luck, Father."

A smile spread across the king's old face, and he chuckled slightly. "Well, thank you, Zelda."

She walked over to his desk and quickly hugged him. "Goodbye."

The king did not know the true meaning behind that simple word. Instead, he took it as her just leaving casually and awaiting her father for his speech. "Goodbye, dear."

Zelda walked out of his chambers. She heard behind her back all the guards huddling back into their positions, ready to protect the king's quarters once more until he was ready to be escorted out.

As the princess made her way back to their hiding spot, she saw a flash of green standing there. At last, her bodyguard had arrived, and not a moment too late. The speech was beginning in about ten minutes now.

She walked up to him and smiled. "You're here."

Link looked uncomfortable to be here, it was obvious in his eyes. Alas, he just faked a smile and scratched the back of his neck. "Yep. I am."

There was an awkward silence, until the chatter in the room before them quieted down into nothing. It became so silent, you could hear the old castle floors creak with any sort of movement someone made, and the ceiling made creaking noises as well. Hyrule Castle was quite old and did need a bit of renovating, anyway.