XIII

Today was the day of Princess Zelda's coronation to be crowned queen. All the citizens of Hyrule, even those who did not live in Castle Town, all gathered in the kingdom to await and watch her ceremony.

King Harkinian has been confirmed dead at this point, thus giving the government no choice but to crown their princess queen. After all, they needed a leader. Their society could not function without some sort of ruler.

Zelda was staring at herself in the golden etched mirror, as ladies and maids gathered around her and helped fit her into her dress. It was simple, an almost pure white color mixed with purples and designs that consisted of different Hylian symbols, most representing the kingdom of Hyrule. Her dress had a turtleneck-like design at the top, covering most of her neck. She wore small earrings that represented the Triforce, and the banner-like cloth hung from her waist and ended close to the edges of the dress. This banner-like cloth had many designs of the Triforce and the crest of Hyrule sewn into it. Her hair was heated up to look more luscious and wavy, and she wore no crown atop her head.

Her previous crown, the one she wore as a princess, rested on a small, red velvet pillow near on her bedside table.

The dress around her tightened a bit, making her loose her breath for just a moment. Zelda felt it loosen up, and turned to face one of the ladies, who looked terrified at just the sight of Zelda.

"Sorry, your highness..." the woman mumbled, resuming her work on Zelda's dress.

Outside of the castle, roars and cheers were heard from the crowd. Chatter of all different topics lingered in the air. People of all ages walked the streets of Castle Town, entering shops and restaurants. Some people had set up stands around the main circle near the fountain, and sold beautiful clothing, Castle Town souvenirs, and all different types of foods that smelled pleasant. Everyone seemed joyful and happy on this day; they were all excited to watch the coronation of their new leader. Although they all mourned King Harkinian, nothing could drain their excitement for this day. And everyone knew of Zelda's harsh and terrible ways, but they were still elated, nonetheless.

The funeral for King Harkinian was to be held the day after today, and many of the people who are in Castle Town now are to stay the night in the town, and awake the morning to prepare themselves for the funeral of their previous ruler.

The ladies and maids finally finished making Zelda look very regal and beautiful, all stepping back to allow their princess and soon to be queen to admire herself.

Zelda looked at her dress from different angles in the mirror, eventually smiling at the sight. It was very hard to impress Zelda and make her smile like that. A wave of relief washed over all the ladies and maids, as Zelda's usual cold gaze returned as she turned to face the women.

"Thank you very much - you may leave now," Zelda commanded, and without any words said, all the ladies and maids rushed out of Zelda's room, closing the door gently behind themselves.

Zelda sighed, looking back at herself once again in the mirror. Earlier, her makeup ladies had done her makeup well, and she thought that she looked marvelous.

She was ready to get this stupid coronation over with; she just wanted to earn her new title as queen and begin her plans from there.

The princess had already thought out a huge plan to ruin her kingdom, and soon the rest of her country. All the land would be shrouded in darkness and evil, thanks to the thoughts that spewed from Zelda's evil little mind.

A smile curved up at the corners of her lips, as she exited her room and began to make her way to the outside, where her coronation would be held.

--