XII

The bells above the door to the bookstore chimed, a twinkling-like sound that alerted the woman at the counter that someone had just entered the store.

Entering the store were two people, who both appeared to be men. They wore long, brown cloaks that looked dirtied and worn from travel, most-likely. One of the men was taller than the other by a lot, and the other seemed to be a Hylian. Their faces were covered by the cloth though, and the woman at the counter began questioning why. She shrugged it off, not really caring after thinking it through for about five seconds.

One of the men was Link, and the other was Ganondorf. They were in disguise, because Link was now the most wanted person in Hyrule. What good would it do for them to just walk around unprotected? Ganondorf had found two brown cloaks that had been thrown out for some reason, and was quick to suggest that they use these to wander Castle Town unnoticed.

Due to the incident only occurring last night, only the peoples of Castle Town and of the castle knew of Link and his deeds. Otherwise, outside of Castle Town, nobody knew. So, if Ganondorf and Link were to exit the town, they would not be recognized elsewhere.

Link scavenged the bookshelves, in search of some book that would hold some answers. Rumor has it that this bookstore possessed many books containing rich history of Hyrule. All of its legends, to its geography, and everything else someone may need to know.

Ganondorf had suggested that before taking an action to Zelda's plans, that they learn more about the fabeled Triforce, and the kingdom of Hyrule itself. The Gerudo thought it would help them more with this.

When he spotted an eye-catching title printed on the spine of a book, Link stood on his toes and eventually grabbed it, but with much effort put into doing so. He was not exactly the tallest person.

Link leaned against the bookshelf, reading the cover of the dark green book, which had gold designs that represented the goddesses of Hyrule.

"Hyrule Historia..." Link mumbled aloud to no one in particular, blowing a gust of his breath on the cover, watching the particles of dust brush off the cover in an instant. Using the back of his hand, he brushed away the remaining dust and opened the book.

The book had that old book smell that for some reason Link loved. The pages were worn on the edges and were yellowed a bit, making the pages look like they were very old or had been used a lot.

Perhaps, no one had touched this book in years. It was covered in decades of dust, so Link assumed so.

Reading the first page was enough for Link to tell what this book held.

Hyrule Historia apparently held details about the hero and the princess connected by fate, two souls who were reincarnated and have been for many years, as long as evil was present. It explained in further detail what exactly happened in those times, leading Link to find out that some of these words were written during those times. But of course, not many knew of this book, or if they did they did not believe its words. Hyrule Historia also held information about the Triforce, which was crucial to planning the downfall of Princess Zelda's plans.

A familiar Gerudo, cloaked in the worn out cloth, turned down the aisle of books that Link was located in. His eyes were captivated by the green book Link held, and he raised his finger a bit to point at it.

"What's that?" Ganondorf said in a hushed voice, trying not to draw attention to others.

Link closed the book and held it up to the Gerudo, allowing him to get a good look at the cover. It was interesting, in Ganondorf's opinion. Being a Gerudo meant he did not know much about Hyrule or its symbols, so the cover was unfamiliar to him.