XIV

A/N: sorry, this chapter is kinda bad ;((

it's been a month since I updated

w h o o p s

--

Tonight was the night of Princess Zelda's coronation. No longer did she bestow that title, though. Now, she was a queen, and the youngest queen Hyrule has had so far. At only seventeen years old, this was a huge role laid upon her back, but Zelda already knew her plans and how she wanted everything to play out.

After undressing from her coronation dress, she slipped into some comfortable and warm pajamas to wear that night for bed. Tonight was unusually chilly, so Zelda had to resort to wearing slightly thicker pajamas than she would normally wear.

She tiredly washed all the makeup off her face, taking her earrings out and removing any other jewelry she adorned on her body at the moment. Putting them all back where they belonged, Zelda looked over her shoulder and took a glance at her luxurious bed. She was so incredibly tired from the coronation and just about anything else that happened today, so she could not wait to climb under her warm blankets and rest her head on her soft and fluffy pillow.

Standing up from the stool that sat in front of her vanity, she waltzed over to her bed and sat down neatly on it. Smoothing out the creases in her thick nightgown, and then moving her hands up to her blonde strands to begin taking the fancy bun out of her hair.

For some reason, out of all the things she could think of, that bodyguard of hers flew across her once blank mind. Zelda was a bit taken aback as to why her brain began to think of Link. She did not care about him. He was merely a tool she used in this game of hers and that is all he ever would be.

Maybe he could have helped her. He was eligible enough to be her bodyguard, therefore he would have to succumb to anything she ordered. Maybe, if she had not lashed out on him and pointed out the crime he committed, he might have been able to help her with this.

After all, Zelda needed the other two pieces of the Triforce for her plan to fully go into action. At the moment, she only acquired the Triforce of Power, which was the part of the trio of golden triangles that she rightfully owned. But where were the other two pieces? Surely, they do reside in someone in this day and age.

Zelda began to curse herself for letting go of Link. He could have definitely helped her in finding the two that owned the Triforce of Courage and the Triforce of Wisdom.

She finally managed to get that fancy bun out of her hair. Standing up, Zelda walked back over to her vanity to sit all those bobby pins and other hair pins she used down on the surface. When that was done, Zelda walked back over to her bed and this time, she began to slide under the warm blankets.

Heat surrounded the covered parts of her body, protecting her from the slight rushes of cold air that slipped through the small cracks of the old castle walls. Her tired eyes blinked once, before Zelda reached over to pull the trigger on her beside lamp, turning the source of light off and allowing darkness to fill the room in an instant. But, some moonlight shone through the large and thick curtains that were draped over the big windows that led to her balcony.

Even though she could not see a thing, Zelda kept her eyes open still and stared directly above herself. If she could see, she would be staring at the large canopy that protected the top of her bed.

Heaving a small sigh, her eyelids fluttered closed, eyelashes connecting and making complete darkness cover her vision.

On a normal night, it would take Zelda about ten minutes or a bit more to fall asleep. But since she was so exhausted from today, she fell asleep in almost an instant, which was a new record for the queen of Hyrule.