XVII

Link wiped some sweat from his brow, looking up at the mountain and immediately squinting his eyes when the sun glared in front of him. Raising his hand up, he blocked the sun from his eyes, which provided relief to them and made him open them a bit more. It didn't stop his entire body from sweating due to the heat. He had grown up in the country most of his life, and eventually moved to Castle Town when he was old enough, and the weather in both of those locations was perfect in his mind. This was just too much to handle all at once.

However, Ganondorf was not bothered a bit by the weather, since he had grown up in the Gerudo Valley his entire life. The Gerudo man kept telling Link that this was nothing compared to the temperatures in his home, but that still didn't stop Link from occasionally complaining.

It was aggravating Ganondorf, but the pair eventually reached the halfway point of the mountain. Link looked upwards and smiled when he saw the opening of the volcano, and from the distance he could spot out a small entrance to the mountain. Assuming it was an entrance to where the Goron's resided, he began to walk quicker and stopped complaining.

They climbed over countless rocks, big and small, jumping down from the rocks and landing in the middle of a big crater. Not the volcano crater, it was just a big open space. There was another wall with chains that was easily climbable and which led to base of the mountain. The place where Link was assuming had access to the entrance of the Goron tribe's home.

Link climbed up the wall first, waiting somewhat patiently as Ganondorf slowly climbed up next. When the Gerudo reached the top, Link placed his hands on his hips and looked upwards.

"I'm not going to make a comment about how slow you are, but anyways, there's where we need to go," the Hylian man said, using one of his hands to point at the entrance.

"Let's go there and stop wasting time, then," Ganondorf huffed, immediately finding a rock to climb that would lead to other rocks to climb, basically which lead to the entrance of the Goron tribe's home.

They eventually reached the entrance after a few more minutes of just climbing. The duo took a deep breath, now somewhat prepared for anything that awaited them inside this door.

Walking inside and through the dark hallway, they had entered the mountain and saw a room full of light. When they entered that room, they saw many torches planted in the rocky terrain, and a large colony as well. The colony looked as if it was no longer used, but the sounds of Goron's cheering signaled that some still resided in here.

Link and Ganondorf maneuvered around the area, discovering the bottom floor and a small carpet that laid out in front of a rocky door. The two stepped on the carpet, wondering what the symbols on it meant. Link thought they looked familiar, but bringing up thoughts like that wouldn't really solve the problem. They needed to get inside the room behind this door, because that's where the Goron's had been cheering.

"What do we do?" Link whispered in questioning to the Gerudo beside him, only earning a shrug from him.

"Maybe we just...knock?" Ganondorf suggested.

Link let out a very loud and annoyed groan, shaking his head in disbelief. "Come on, do you really think it'd be that easy?"

"You never know," Ganondorf retorted in a calm and low voice. Bringing his larger hand up to the rocky door, he knocked on it as loud as he could to make sure the Goron's heard him.

The cheers and shouts of the Goron's silenced into nothing, and some confused grunts were heard. Then, shuffled movements came and approached the door.

The door opened, revealing a younger Goron with a very confused look on his face.

"Hi," Ganondorf greeted.