XVI

Hours had passed since the trio had come to the conclusion of who owned two of the three parts of the Triforce. Since then, they had been listening to Farona speak about the heroes and their stories. Although Link and Ganondorf had learned much about those stories earlier, it was very helpful to hear what Farona knew. She actually knew twice as much about the heroes and their stories compared to the Hyrule Historia they had read in the library in Castle Town.

"So, the Hero of Time collected the three Spiritual Stones. They were called he Kokiri's Emerald, the Goron's Ruby, and the Zora's sapphire. By the names, they all had their respective colors of green, red, and blue. They represented the three goddesses, you know. Farore, the Goddess of Courage. Din, the Goddess of Power. And Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom. Those were their stones in a way, and they also were the ones who watched over the Triforce. They were the ones who left the Triforce in the hands of three chosen ones when they departed this world long ago," Farona explained. Link and Ganondorf didn't get to learn much about the Spiritual Stones - they only knew the fact that they were apart of the keys to opening the Sacred Realm.

"The Hero of Time was only a boy when he collected those stones, though. After some misfortune at the castle, the princess, whom was coincidentally named Zelda, gave him the Ocarina of Time while making her escape. Nobody knows what happened next after that moment. But, we know that the hero made his way to the Temple of Time and used the keys to open the Sacred Realm. Those keys were the Ocarina of Time, the three Spiritual Stones, and the Song of Time. The plan was to let the hero enter the Sacred Realm and pull the Master Sword from its pedestal. When he did that, he was sent to the Six Sages realm and was put in a magical sleep for seven years. Yes, the plan was to await until the hero was older and more eligible to save the world. At the same time, the evil man, Ganondorf, entered the Sacred Realm and stole the Triforce of Power," Farona said, standing up after she had finished talking and began to grab the now empty bowls.

"I'm going to go and wash these. You guys stay here for a moment," she informed, turning her heel and walking back into the kitchen.

"Spiritual Stones..." Link mumbled when Farona had disappeared completely behind the walls of the kitchen. "Do you think they're still around?"

"If they are, my guess is that they're with the Royal Family," Ganondorf muttered, looking down at his feet and patiently awaiting Farona's return.

Link blinked, then looked down at his own feet and began to spot out every speck of dirt he could find on his brown boots. He was very bored, it was evident. Normally, he wouldn't find any interest in spotting out dirt.

The Hylian man began to think about everything Farona had said, remembering almost every little detail from her stories. She told them of the Hero of the Sky and currently was telling the tale of the Hero of Time, as you know. Sure, the information was very interesting to Link and maybe some of it could help them in their quest. But at the moment, there was still no way to find the man with the Triforce of Courage.

Link had an unsettling feeling that Zelda was going to try and take in the person with Courage and Wisdom and take their parts of the Triforce. After all, anybody knew that if you obtained all three parts of the golden triangle, you could wish for anything you wanted. A good and pure heart would wish for something good, while an evil shrouded heart would most likely wish for hell upon earth. That's obviously not what Link and the others wanted.

That's the reason why Link and Ganondorf needed to find the bearer of the Triforce of Courage. To protect him and Ganondorf from Zelda's plans. But when that did happen, what would happen next? Would they have to cower forever until Zelda finally fell? Link didn't exactly think that part through.

"I'm back," Farona announced, waving her hand up a bit and sitting back down. She looked outside on of the tinted windows of the building and sighed.