CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

(Eric's Pov)

I watched as she turned on her heels, not once glancing back at me as she dashed out of the door. My brows continued to stay furrowed and I frowned. My stomach had a layer of, what seemed like...remorse and guilt building.

But other than that, I was confused. Her reaction - I honestly was expecting a fight. Not her saying words which I had never dreamed of hearing.

"I...I hate you." 

My heart sunk. 

"She...she doesn't mean that." I whispered to myself, standing and staring at the place she was standing just a few seconds ago.

I continued to stand, letting a feeling, which seemed like hurt from her words, engulf me. 

Why was it hurting me so much?

Oh yeah, that's right. Because the only woman I held feelings for, told me she hated me and for something I brought open myself.

I shook my head.

Why should I feel the slightest bit bad?

If she could walk out my life, with my children - I could take custody over them. I had just as much right.

"Eric, Drew Miller!" I heard the familiar voice, which was usually soft, rough and angry. My head shot up to face the door. My mother stood with crossed arms over her chest and an angered look playing on her face.

"What?" I asked in a low tone. She shook her head, taking steps towards me.

"Why on earth did I bump into a weeping Lea?" She questioned in disbelief. I felt my heart tug at the mention of her crying. I didn't like seeing those tear drops roll down her cheeks, and what hurt more, was I caused them.

I shook off my thoughts.

"I don't know, Ma. Why are you asking me?" I brushed off her question. She frowned even larger.

"Because, when I asked her, she said to ask my son, which I'm guessing is you, since I don't see Jaxon anywhere." She raised a daring brow. I sighed, shifting on spot.

"I said nothing wrong." I shrugged off, blocking off the emotions which were suddenly appearing inside of me. She frowned, taking a few steps closer and suddenly, her eyes fell on the ground. 

She bent down, picking up the dark blue folder and gasping when reading them. I stayed silent, watching her every movement.

"Please...son, please don't tell me you gave these to Lea." She breathed in what seemed like hope. I opened my mouth to reply, but remained silent.

"Eric! Did you or did you not give these to her?!" She raised her voice. I sighed, slowly nodding my head. I watched her reaction, which was a deep sigh of disbelief.

"Now, tell me why on earth would you do such a thing?" 

"What do you mean, Ma? You make it sound as if I've killed her!" I defended myself. Her mouth parted in disbelief, before pursuing them.

"Well, you might have just done." She shot, making me inwardly stumble.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I fired back.

"You tell me, Eric. All of these years, the only people Lea had were her children. She's a mother, to lose her children, you don't know how badly it could hurt someone." Her voice cracked and I realized she was thinking back to my late sister, Jazmyn.

"Imagine being her. They were all she had." She added on. 

"Ma, your situation with Jazzy was completely different. I have the right to take our children."