CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

Song For Chapter: Nothing Like Us By Justin Bieber

"There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me, together through the storm."

(Lea's Pov)

The tears had finally came to a stop. My heart felt as if it had been ripped into tiny, little shreds, which were in need of caring from a gentle touch. But only one person could fix my pained heart. Sadly, his was hurting just as bad as mine.

I stood on my feet, a false smile on my lips as I poured a plate of rice in for the children. They both eagerly dug in. 

"Where's dad?" Drew asked with a half-frown. My heart tugged in sadness. I let out a shaky breath, smiling reassuringly at him.

"He's upstairs." I lied. Truth was, I never knew where he was. But my mind couldn't help but think back to Janice's words.

"Anyways, have a nice time sobbing while I go tend my husband. I'll remind him of the woman who really loves him."

My heart broke more, imagining her words come true in my mind. I closed my eyes, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"I...I'm going to bed early tonight. Join me whenever." I whispered to the kids. They nodded, their eyes lingering on me for a second. I mustered up a false grin, before turning on my heels, letting the smile vanish.

I sighed heavily as I slowly made my way upstairs. 

"Because of you I'm like this."

"Because of you." 

His words continued to echo in my eyes, only hurting me even more. When I left, it truly did hurt Eric - more than I had ever dreamed of. Never did I once intend on hurting him. Yet, I had done it all along.

While I thought I was making the right decision - little did I know how much it would hurt others. Say Mary for example; she had given me the cold shoulder. Which I only had hoped was for the time being. She was hurting because I had left without informing her, which I admit was wrong for me to do.

Her reaction was a slap.

But then there Ma. I was engulfed into a hug.

And then there was, Eric. He hadn't engulfed me into a hug, neither had he slapped me. Instead, he had tried to shut me out of his life. And I realize why. As much as he was hurting about me leaving, he was trying just as bad not to get close to me. 

He didn't want to get hurt again.

My heart pained even more, just thinking about how Eric might have felt and been. It all only added onto the cloud of guilt hovering over my head. I let out a deep breath, walking down the hallway as I neared towards my room. 

Right now, all I wanted to do was crawl into my bed and lay, just to think everything over. However, as I drowsily walked down the hallway, the sound of a soft piano melody entered my ears. My brows furrowed and suddenly, the melody seemed so much familiar.

I froze, standing by the door it was coming from. It was from the same room Eric had showed me his beautiful piano skills. He truly played like an angel, taught by God himself. 

But why was he playing it?

Whilst my heart beat like a drumroll, I pressed my body against the wall, peaking a glance through the door which wasn't fully closed. My stomach churned and I felt my heart flip as I looked at the sight.

There he sat, behind the piano. His head was down as he pressed on the keys, emitting a soothing melody to enter my ears. I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the wall.