CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.

ONE MONTH LATER

(Lea's Pov)

"Come on, kids! Hurry up! Grandma will be here soon!" I yelled, buttoning up the buttons on my coat. I hurriedly wrapped  a scarf around my neck, before pulling on a small hat over my shoulder length hair.

Since last week, Ma and I had decided on going out for shopping. Not just any shopping - Christmas shopping. We were just four days away from entering the December. Christmas was just weeks away and I still wasn't fully prepared. Actually, I had no gifts ready for anyone.

It wasn't that I didn't have the money. In-fact, I had worked extra shifts, wanting to earn as much as possible and I found myself with a good amount. 

The sound of my children's footsteps approaching me sounded in my ears. Drew appeared in sight, dressed in his unzipped jacket with Sophia following closely behind. Both of them held their scarfs and hats in their hands, walking towards me.

A smile danced onto my lips. They were so adorable. It sometimes hit me that the two of them; held a part of Eric and I. They were our creation. And they were beautiful.

"Come on, I'll help you." I chuckled. I helped Drew out first, making sure he was wrapped up and ready for the cold weather outside. I did the same for Sophia, a giggle leaving her lips as I pinched her soft cheeks.

"Is dad coming too?" Drew asked. 

"Nope, I have lots of work to do." The familiar raspy voice sounded in my ears, answering before I could. I smiled, darting my eyes to look at the sight. And I did a double-take.

Delicious

Was the only word I could think of when taking in the sight.

Glasses perched on his face, his blonde hair messily lying on top of his head. His hazel orbs glinted as his gaze landed on me. Light stubble was growing on his chin and his jaw. He was dressed in grey sweats and a white plain T-shirt.

The sight had me captivated

Him wearing glasses...gave me the odd need to clench my thighs together.

I blinked, clearing my throat when seeing the corner of his lips twitch into a smirk.

He caught me staring.

"But why, dad? It will be boring without you." Drew whined. I blushed, looking away at the ground.

"Oh, really? Why's that?" His low voice asked, amusement sinking through his words. I glanced up, his eyes set on Drew.

"Because...I'll be surrounded by... girls." He grumbled to his father in response. A soft chuckle left Eric's lips, once again, giving me the odd need to clench my thighs together.

What's happening to me?

"Don't worry, Champ. I once...too...was sadly in that position. Your grandma and my auntie." He paused, shuddering at the thought. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"But it will be over before you know it. Plus, when you come back, I'll be here." He offered. Drew grinned, nodding.

"I just hope it's over soon. I don't know how long I can take." Drew exaggerated. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head with a smile.

"I feel you, son. I feel you." Eric played along, or I think he was playing. The two falsely cried as they hugged one another. And I think I heard Eric whisper; 'It's alright. It's gonna be okay.'

"Boys." Sophia sighed, glancing up at me. I chuckled, shaking my head along with her. The sudden sound of the doorbell ringing, caught our attention. Sophia happily walked over to the door, standing on her tiptoes as she reached out to open the door.