CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.

Song For Chapter: Touch It By Ariana Grande

"Ain't nobody gonna touch it, touch it."

(Lea's Pov)

It was only us. His powerful, hazel orbs staring into mine as my own stare reflected back in his eyes. My heart was beating at an uncontrollable speed. My hands grew shaky and warm in Eric's. We paused, a hiatus, just staring, memorized by each others features.

Not one of us dared to move. Slowly, I could feel eyes gathering from the unwanted audience. We were the center of attention, just the two of us. A shaky breath left my lips as I stood captivated and under his spell.

And then soft music began playing through the speakers. Once again, it was a female's voice. A delicate and gentle voice. A look of hesitance crossed his eyes, before we began moving. His arm around my waist tightened and he gently tugged me forward and into his chest.

Our chest touched, my face inches away from his. We were so close. I could his warm breath brush against my lips, only making me crave his lips even more. The song continued to play and I never once tore my eyes away from his. Neither did he.

As I had said; it was just us in that moment.

I followed his lead as he let go of my waist and twirled me out, before pulling me back into him. My back hit his chest, as his arm rested over my chest, still entwined with my hand. His other hand, slowly ran down my side, making me shiver into his touch.

His hand moved down my curves, inching lower until meeting with my hip. He clutched it lightly, before pulling me back out. Slowly, he spun me around, until he twirled me back in. Our eyes locked and I let out a small breath of surprise.

The song was ending and so was our dance. Our moment. A part of me saddened and I so badly wanted this moment to go on forever - it felt, perfect.

Just as I thought, the song slowly faded out and Eric stood still, our eyes glued to one another. My mouth parted and I was just inches away from meeting lips with his. As if he thought the same thing, he leaned a little forward. Our nose touched and we froze.

I slowly let my eyes flutter closed, blocking out everyone else, just concentrating on the man in-front me that I still loved so much.

It was only then, a loud chorus of applause sounded. My eyes snapped open, meeting with Eric's. I stopped a frown from growing onto my lips, and falsely smiled. We both slowly let go of each other, springing apart and smiling at the crowd.

Tears of annoyance and frustration threatened to build in my eyes. Finally, after so long - I was about to have a taste of his luscious, plump lips. But the audience had to interrupt us. A blush was coated on my cheeks and I straightened out my dress, wiping my clammy hands away on the skirt.

I could feel Eric's eyes on me, watching my every movement. I never dared to look back at him knowing, I'd crack. My heart deflated in disappointment and I swallowed a gulp. The audience eventually quietened down and people went back to chatting with themselves.

I didn't know everyone here. I had seen some of Eric's family members that I had met in the past. A few distant friends of his and that was all, really. I shook off my thoughts, feeling myself slump. No matter how much I tried not to think about Eric and I finally sharing a kiss, my mind wouldn't agree.

I silently left the living room, feeling eyes of no other than his, follow me. I dashed up the stairs, excusing myself as I brushed past people. I quickly entered my room, lightly closing the door behind me and swallowing. A tear threatened to roll down my cheek, but I wiped them away.