ένα

ϟ

     The cool, crisp air of the silent night did nothing to ease the agonizing burning in her lungs and she pushed through the pain as she kicked her legs to propel her further and further. She ignored the pain that screamed at her to be lessened. Everything told her to stop; every inch, every fiber of her being begged for her to stop moving so her body could receive its much-needed rest, but she couldn't. Because if she did, she'd most probably die.

     Never in Amara's life did she ever think she'd run away from home only to be chased by a freakishly huge bull in a diaper.

     But hey, here she was.

     Amara had pinched herself enough times to tell her that this was not a dream and that the raging bull behind her was as real as the horns on his head and the diaper he was wearing.

     With its large, beefy arms and legs of a man, but the chest and head of a bull, it was nothing less than a terrifying sight. Nothing in her life had ever prepared her for this moment, probably because no one in their right mind ever prepares for the moment in their life when they're being chased by a bull-man.

     She had no weapon and Amara doubted the stray twigs on the ground would be of any aid. All she had was a pack on her back with two water bottles, some rope, a wad of cash, and a pocket knife.

     The pocket knife could be useful, Amara thought. She could use the rope somehow, too.

     What she needed to do was distract the bull-man long enough to make a plan. Amara got a water bottle, rubbed it on herself to mask her scent on the bottle, and threw it as far as she could. When it landed, a thump sounded and the bull-man went raging in that direction.

     Amara, as quickly and frantically as she could, took out her rope and after finding two close by trees, she tied each end to the bottom of the trunks, creating a connection from one tree to the next.

     She hoped the knots were tight enough.

     Then, Amara took out her pocket knife.

     She debated about staying to wait for the monster to trip over the rope so she could climb onto his back and stab him but Amara didn't think she had enough strength for that. Besides, one stab from a pocket knife wouldn't do much to harm the gigantic beast; it would probably anger him even more. Plus, Amara didn't think a pocket knife was a match for a creature that wasn't even supposed to exist.

     So she made a run for it and hoped the bull-man would at least trip over her rope, giving her a few extra moments to out run him. For security, she rubbed her back on the tree for a few seconds to rub off her scent before she took off in a sprint towards a hill.

     Amara, using her last few bits and pieces of strength that were slowly becoming nothing, ran up the hill and saw a farm house down in the valley.

     She didn't want to lead the bull-man to the farm house but she hoped if she was quiet and quick enough, she could make it without him chasing her.

     Before she knew it, Amara had collapsed onto the wooden porch of the farm house, struggling to even out her breaths and stay awake. If she fell unconscious and the bull-man came back, he could easily kill her and that was something Amara was not ready for.

     As her vision became foggy and she couldn't quite keep her eyes open, Amara remembered a bearded man looking down at her and the strangely comforting smell of coffee, so she let the dark embraces of sleep take over.

Ψ

that was pretty short, sorry not sorry, but i promise not all chapters will be this short

this was more of a prologue than anything to be honest

tell me how you liked this, feedback is always welcome and appreciated

second chapter is written and revised and will be published shortly!

also, i'm still not set on the name. i'm thinking either Amara, Aella, or Andra. which one do you guys like? or are there any other names you would prefer?

please please please comment! please don't be a silent reader, give me feedback, let me know if you want this story or if I'm wasting my time on it

Thanks for reading!