δυο

ϟ

     "Come on, Amarmalade! Your form's getting sloppy!"

     Normally, Amara would simply laugh at the nickname, shake her head to clear her thoughts, and get her head back in the game, but not today. Amara didn't feel to be in the laughing mood.

     "Sorry, Luke. I guess I'm just tired," she responded, letting out a fake yawn for emphasis.

     Luke set his sword down and walked over to her. "Did you have dreams again last night?"

     Amara nodded. "About the Minotaur, which I know is odd because the last time I had that dream was four years ago when I first got to camp."

     "Well, I can't tell you to not be worried. But I can tell you that the Minotaur can not get through the camp's borders, so just... don't be too worried," Luke replied and it was exactly the type of response Amara was expecting.

     She wanted to continue arguing. Amara knew her dream was a sign of something. She was a demigod, for crying out loud. The dreams of demigods are ominous and sign-bearing.

     She huffed out a sigh and seeing as how Luke was unarmed at the moment, she decided to pull a move on him. She manipulated the air around her to boost her up, giving her an extra push to knock Luke down. Once Luke had fallen over to the ground, Amara wasted no time to bring her sword to his neck.

     "Technically, if I were a monster, I wouldn't have stopped trying to kill you just because you were tired," Luke said.

     "Yeah, well, lucky for me, you're not a monster. Well, some of the times."

Ψ

     Cabin 1 was cold and empty, desolate of any comfort. Amara had many uncomfortable nights in that cabin, mainly due to the creepy feeling that the statue of Zeus gave off as it glared at every corner of the room.

     Her least favorite part of the day was, in fact, returning to her cabin after dinner to go to sleep. Seeing as Zeus had no other current kids that they were aware of, Amara was always lonely in the cabin, which just added to the metaphorically cold and achingly lonely feeling that hung heavily in the air of the cabin.

     The lighting and thunder emanating from the clouds on the ceiling did nothing to add comfort.

     Even as she turned her back to the statue as she lay on her bed, Amara could still feel the piercing gaze of Zeus burn into her neck.

     She flipped over her back to face the statue and glared back.

     Nothing happened.

     "Honestly dad, if you couldn't keep it in your pants, which I know is hard for you, the least you could do is pay just a little bit of attention to me. I'm not asking for a whole lot, just a little something so I know you see me, so I know you care. Because this statue is not cutting it for me," she started talking to the statue.

     The statue didn't respond.

     "Pay attention?" she grumbled in her best deep voice, impersonating Zeus, though she had no idea what he really sounded like because she never met him. "I claimed you, isn't that attention enough?"