chapter 12

The next day came sooner than anyone knew. Kiara woke up earlier than anyone else to meet Kovu for her hunting lessons. Kopa did as well and where he saw Kiara up as well who then went over to him and brought him with her outside.

"You're up early." Kiara said to Kopa.

"I always wake up at this time." Kopa said.

"Oh?" Kiara replied.

"Yeah, really," Kopa said. "So, why are you up so early?"

"Well... Um... Don't tell Dad, but I asked Kovu to give me hunting lessons," Kiara said. "I thought you might wanna sleep... Or spend some time with that Lukio girl..." she then smirked.

"Why? Can't we come too?" Lukio asked.

Kiara shrugged. "Well, I did kinda wanna do this with Kovu alone, but I'm sure he won't mind the company."

"Great, let's go." Lukio agreed.

"Yeah." Kopa said.

The three of them then went to wake Kovu up as it was bright and early in the Pridelands. They saw that Kovu was already up as they saw him away from Pride Rock, but not that far.

"Good morning!" Kiara giggled. "I'm ready for my first lesson!"

Kovu looked surprised to see her.

"Surprised ya, huh?" Kiara smirked as she bore her claws like Kopa mentored as she jumped around in excitement. "Hey, c'mon, let's go!"

"Yeah, come on." Kopa and Lukio said.

They then blushed to each other once they realized they said that at the same time. Kovu then shook his head and followed after the three others to start on his hunting lessons for Kiara. And where her lessons weren't going so well as Kopa, Lukio, and Kovu were laying down on a rock big enough for the three of them and where they could hear every sound she made. Little did they know, Timon and Pumbaa were asked to spy on them once again while Bunga went out with Kion and the rest of the Lion Guard with the Wild Kratts team.

"Three...." Kovu counted with a sigh.

"Two...." Lukio also counted with a sigh.

"One...." Kopa completed the counting with a sigh before the three of them timed it just right to get down.

"Gotcha!" Kiara took a leap of faith only for her to miss all three of them.

Kovu smirked as he then stood over Kiara.

"You guys could hear me... Huh?" Kiara smiled in slight embarrassment at her fail.

"Only a lot." Kovu told her.

"You are still breathing too hard, Sis." Kopa said.

"Yeah, you should relax, Kiara." Lukio advised.

Kovu was about to teach her the next step only for him to see her and Kopa already doing just that.

"Let me handle this," Kopa said to Kovu. "I am the big brother after all."

"Okay, but at least let me help you show her how to hunt." Kovu said.

"All right, but no funny business." Kopa smirked.

"Who's playin'?" Kovu smirked back.

They both soon saw a flock of birds landing down behind a hill which gave them the perfect opportunity to show Kiara how to hunt.

"Okay, Kiki, watch the master and learn." Kopa mentored his sister.

"Don't you mean watch the masters and learn?" Kovu smirked as she joined him.