xiii. dinner date pt.1

"We should do something for our one month anniversary," Ethan tells me two weeks later after that bad dream I had at his house. The nightmares have only gotten worse. I feel bad for waking Ethan up at three and four o'clock in the morning, calling him to my house just to comfort me so that I can fall asleep. I haven't even thought about what he might be going through.

"You mean for our anniversary of being together?"

"Actually, I want to make some adjustments," he says, his voice all of a sudden deep and raspy in that sexy, hot, way I like it. My heart starts to pound fiercely in my chest, that weird feeling in my stomach starting to arise. Maybe it was an anxious feeling. Or was this an unknown happy feeling?

"What do you mean, Ethan Grant Dolan?" I question as if I were clueless, but I'm positive I already know what he's talking about.

"I'll let you wait until the date tonight. I'm taking you to a real nice dinner and then we'll go to the mall. Make sure you dress nice, even though that's not a problem with you," Ethan explains.

The comment makes me blush uncontrollably. My cheeks feel warm and I feel like a small child now. He always knows how to make me have these emotion.

"You're such a flirt, Ethan."

"Oh, I know. It's sort of my job," he says. You could hear the smirk in his voice, the dimples in my cheeks showing as I smiled deeper than I ever thought possible. He really is the one, the one I have been waiting for for oh so long.

"You make me happy," I state, glancing out my window and staring out into the pool in my backyard.

"You make me happier," he says.

"I don't think that's possible."

"Believe in the impossible, baby," Ethan whispers so softly I have to strain to hear him. What a stud.

"Alright, I'm going to get ready."

"Be ready at seven. I'll come get you at around 7:30, give or take, depending on how excited I am at that point. I don't even think I can wait that long, but I've made reservations so it'll just have to do," he says, sighing at the end.

"Alright I will. I love you, baby."

"I love you more baby girl," he says before hanging up at the end. I hang up as well.

"Was that Ethan?" Mom asks. Her sudden voice makes me jump, spinning around to meet her eyes. They seem soft and admiring.

"Yes," I beam while setting my phone down on the kitchen island. "We plan on going on a date tonight and he's going to pick me up at around 7:30 or so."

She moves around to my side, pulling out a chair and having a seat herself with this gorgeous smirk that imprinted her face.

"I remember when your father and I went out on our first date. It wasn't much, just out to the park and we had our own picnic. Your father did everything he could to make sure it was perfect, but the good Lord knows that the tried his best," she explains, crossing her legs and staring me in the eye.

"Back then, everything was so different. Now, everything is much more advanced and as far as dating goes, people will date anyone." I nod at that, but I didn't really understand what she was trying to get to.

"Ethan makes you happy, I can tell," she states while wiping off the kitchen counter. I beam.

"Yes, yes he does," I agree. "I'm kind of nervous about this date. What if something goes wrong?" I thought about the first day when Ethan and I first met. That old man was so rude towards us and he didn't even know us, which I found very ignorant of him.

"What do you mean?"

I had forgotten that I never mentioned the ordeal to Mom, which I might should have, but it was so long ago that I'm sure it doesn't even matter any more.

"I'll explain everything later." I glance at the clock; 6:54. "Maybe when I have enough time I will. Ethan should be here in about five min-" I was cut off by the sound if a car door slamming. My knees suddenly felt like jelly.

The doorbell rings, a slight knock occurring shortly afterwards. Before answering the door I make sure I look presentable. It was decent.

I reveal Ethan, dressed in his tux, with a bouquet of roses and all sorts of other flowers. Along with that, there was a teddy bear with chocolates in his hands. This was so beautiful. My eyes start to water as I go to hug the best human being on earth.

"Happy one month baby," he says in my shoulder, kissing my cheek before kissing my lips gently. "I bought these for you."

I take the gifts from his arms, taking them into my own and setting them down on the table. "I love you so much," I squeeze him tightly, pecking his lips twice before turning to my mother.

"You two go have fun. We'll be at your aunt's house if you need us," she says, paying my back and hugging Ethan.

"We will," I smile, grabbing my extra change of clothes and following Ethan out to his black Lexus. This boy has three million cars I swear.

"Nice car," I comment while he opens the car door for me.

"Just for you." I see him wink before he backs out and shoots down the street.

Maybe this is what I have been waiting for my entire life. To be treated like a lady, to be cherished like a prize, and to be undeniably respected like a queen.

I noticed that Ethan was just driving in a bunch of circles. I check the time. 7:15. Maybe we were near the restaurant and he wanted to kill time. I knew how to do that, but I'd save that for later.

"Are you lost?" I play like I don't know what's going on even though I clearly do.

"No, I'm just waisting a little time," he checks his watch, finally making a different turn than last time. I nod, looking at the clock now. 7:20.

"If we turn left we'll get to the restaurant in exactly five minutes, but if we turn left we'll get there in nine minutes and forty-five seconds," he informs. This boy had counted down and practiced this shit in his damn head.

"What the fuck, Ethan!" I laugh, watching as he made a sharp right turn and sped towards the destination. And indeed he was right. We got into the parking area at 7:29, just a mere few seconds before it turned to 7:30.

This boy is amazing.

A/N
sorry this took so long to write and I do apologize for any typos . I've been super busy and now that its fall break hopefully I'll get to write more. Plus, I'm working on another story so bear w me pls. Love you all.