Prologue

A/n: Helloooo! So this is my first Harry Potter fanfiction and of course I had to write one about Scorose (one of my otps). Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

                                ***

I closed my eyes in front of the brick wall which would take me to platform 9 and 3/4. I took a deep breath.

This is it.

I'm finally going to Hogwarts.

How long have I been waiting for this? How long have I had to wave goodbye to my other cousins while they got to go and glorious adventures, while I was still stuck at home where I was supervised 24/7?And yet here I was, about to embark on my journey, and I was having trouble moving my feet.

It's not that I didn't want to go. I did, trust me, I did. But what if I didn't fit in?

Yes, I was witch and and so is everyone who goes there. But I was also Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger's daughter; no matter where I went I would stick out like a sore thumb, though even without my name it's not hard. Not when you have an uncontrollable mane of red hair.

From the second people find out who I am, they expect something out of me, something extraordinary. Or they think that I'm spoiled, that I've never worked for anything in my life and that everything is just handed to me, neatly tied and already packaged.

It's not.

Everything I have ever gotten, I worked for. Though most people have a hard time believing that.

Al understands what it's like, probably more than anyone. He's a middle child and the son of Harry Potter.

Before I could think about it any further, all the horrible scenarios charging around my head, my dad came over to me. He gave me a small smile and placed his arm around me, in a comforting, fatherly gesture.

People say I look like him but that's easy to say when both of you have the same fiery, bright red hair and blue eyes.

He leaned over and whispered in my ear. "You know when I was about to leave I was terrified out of my wits."

I had a hard time believing that. My father, scared of going to Hogwarts? He battled a troll his first year, battled evil death eaters in his fifth year (granted he wasn't much help after he was hit with some sort of confounding spell, but still) and helped his best friend defeat Lord Voldemort. Lord Voldemort. I couldn't understand how someone so brave could be scared of something so simple.

As if knowing what I was thinking, he said "you'll be fine, Rosie. I know you find it hard to believe right this very second but you're going to love it there. I know you will."

I gave him an incredulous look. How could he be so sure?

He chuckled before answering.
"You do know that Hogwarts happens to have an amazing library, right? And no matter what you're going to have fun there, I promise."

I don't know why, but for some reason that made me feel better. Maybe it was that he seemed so sure that I would like it there. Or maybe it was the fact that Hogwarts had an extensive library with every type of book imaginable. But it made me feel better. The gnawing feeling in my belly had dwindled down, almost disappeared, and I was feeling a lot more brave.

"Thanks, dad." I smiled up at him and he smiled back. I then ran at the brick wall, where the rest of my family was waiting for me.

***

By now all of the Weasley/Potter clan had showed up. Everyone was talking and laughing and saying their goodbyes.

I looked over at where Albus was, he looked just as pale and green as I had felt a couple of minutes ago. He saw me but didn't send me his usual lop-sided smile. Something was definitely bothering him.