Chapter 8

A/n: Hi guys! Back again with yet another update. Just a warning though, there is some underage drinking in this chapter. Nothing too major, but it is there. Anyways don't forget to comment and vote! Happy reading! :)

"Blimey, its cold." I said as I tried to warm my hands by rubbing them together.

"Well, it is November, Rose." Alice replied, as she passed me a pair of gloves. Only Alice would think of bringing extra pairs of gloves to a Quidditch match.

Today, Alice and I were watching the first Quidditch match of the season. It was Gryffindor verses Hufflepuff and it was guaranteed to be a good one.

Maybe when my parents were in school, Hufflepuff was considered a rubbish team, but it wasn't like that anymore. Thanks to Lysander Scamander, (the current captain of the Hufflepuff team) they had morphed into a formidable team and arguably one of the best Hogwarts has ever had. Best part was that Lorcan Scamander, the twin brother of Lysander, was a chaser on the Gryffindor team, resulting in a very entertaining match to watch.

Just as the match was about to begin, Nicoletta caught sight of us and started toward us. Great. Just what I needed, a tall brunette who was going to gush about Scorpius right next to me. Bloody brilliant.

My thoughts must have shown on my face because Alice nudged me with the sharp part of her elbow.
"Be nice."

I crinkled my nose in annoyance.
"I'm not making any promises."

"Rosie!" Nicoletta said once she had arrived at where we were seated. I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes at the way she said my name and sent her smile, that I hoped looked more genuine than it actually felt.

"Mind if I sit here?" She asked, cautiously.

"Not at all." Alice said as she moved over and yanked me so that I would too, creating enough space for Nicoletta to sit down. All I wanted to say was 'bugger off' but that wasn't really a viable option.

Nicoletta turned to me, like she was about to say something to me, when suddenly Madam Hooch blew the whistle and the Quidditch match began.

I can honestly say I had never been more happy to see a bunch of Hogwarts students throw balls at each other.

For a good while during the beginning, it seemed as if Hufflepuff was going to win. We were 20-60 as the Hufflepuff chasers were pretty good and had developed tactics and formations to trick Albus, who was really quite gullible. Luckily, Albus quickly caught on to their tricks and from then on managed to block the quaffle from getting into the goal posts.

Our chasers, comprised of Nora Jordan, Fred Weasley, and Lorcan Scamander, were incredible and for the first time I was actually proud of James for coming up with such a good team.

Soon, we were 60-60 and you could hear the Gryffindors getting rowdy with  the excitement and anxiety. It had been four years since Gryffindor had beat the Hufflepuffs and you could practically smell the excitement in the air.

"Look, isn't he amazing?" Nicoletta pointed at Scorpius, marveling as he went around the pitch in search of the snitch. As Scorpius was the seeker, his sole duty was to catch the snitch before the seeker from the other team did.

"He's just going around the pitch. It's what he's been doing since the match began." I told Nicoletta dryly, really not in the mood to explain the logistics of Quidditch to her.