Chapter 11

A/n: Hi everyone! Back again with yet another chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote! Happy reading :)

I'm not one to fear taking an exam. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I thrive in a test taking environment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't spend all my time studying and I have pulled the odd 'mysterious illness' to avoid an exam. But rarely, did I study for them and yet I happened to do well, something that I accredited to my mum.

Of course, this wasn't the case when it came to Professor Taylor's class.

For one reason or another, Professor Taylor seemed determined to make my life a living hell. So when he announced  that we had an exam next week, I started to panic.

Luckily, Scorpius had volunteered to help me study. Hence, why I was now in the library trying my hardest to listen to what he was saying but struggling as all I could think of was the danger we were all apparently in.

Ever since I had learned that, I found it particularly difficult to concentrate on most things.

"Rose. Rose, are you even paying attention?" Scorpius asked. He didn't seem annoyed despite the fact that this was the third time I had zoned out. If anything he seemed amused.

"Sorry." I said, smiling sheepishly.

He rolled his eyes. "You have to stop doing that or else we'll never finish studying."

I groaned and covered my face with my hands. "How about we just forget studying? Honestly, I could deal with failing this exam."

Scorpius removed my hands from my face gently. "Consider yourself lucky that you have a good teacher who won't let you fail."

I frowned. "A good teacher would realize that this is a lost cause. As it is, Professor Taylor won't let me pass even if I do end up doing well."

"Well, you're just going to have to give him no excuse to fail you." He shrugged his shoulders, a smirk at the edge of his lips.

"Merlin, that's impossible."

"Not if I help you."

I raised an eyebrow, teasingly. "Arrogant much?"

"Would I be a Malfoy if I wasn't?"

                                  ***
After the study session with Scorpius, I headed to the common room where I knew I would find James.

I knew there was something off about Nicoletta but I had no real way to prove it. And I knew that wherever she was going at night, it wasn't good.

The only real way that I could prove her evil intentions was for me to follow her. But no doubt, she would see me.

If there's one good thing about James, it's that he has the best tools to get any prank done. In a normal scenario that would be bad but not today as I desperately need something that I knew only he had.

"Ah, Rose! Look!" James called from the far corner of the room, beckoning me to where he was.

I walked over to him, but stopped when I saw what he was motioning to. "What is that?"