Chapter 9

A/n: Hi everyone! Back again with another update. I'm so so sorry for the lack of updates but that's school for you. I finished my last final yesterday, so now I'm free for the entire summer! Yay! So expect plenty of updates. Anyways, happy reading!

"Emma!" I yelled as I caught sight of her, sitting at the Gryffindor table in the great hall.

As I walked past, many Gryffindors shot me a look for being so loud. Blimey, it seemed like the entire house was experiencing a hangover. Luckily for me, I had missed out on the whole hangover ordeal and seemed to be wide awake despite the alarming amount of firewhiskey I had consumed.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Emma groaned, rubbing her temples.

Emma looked a mess. There really was no kind way of putting it. Her hair was in a ponytail, but it was filled with knots and bumps, and her eyeliner from yesterday had moved and was now underneath her eyes, framing her purple under eye circles. Really, her under eyes could combat that of a vampire's. Her eyes were red, and her shirt was wrinkly and was covered in odd looking splotches. I don't think she had even looked at what she was wearing. All in all, Emma looked pretty bad.

"Sorry about that." I whispered. "But did you really think you were going to come out unscathed when you drank that much?"

"I didn't drink a lot!" Emma exclaimed, indignantly.

"Course not, you weren't completely sloshed at all." I muttered, sarcastically.

"Fine, maybe I was just a little bit sloshed, but I wasn't out of mind."

I sighed. "Emma, you kept on calling James, 'Jamsie'."

Her eyes widened. "I did, didn't I?"

I nodded my head and her face became horrified.
"Bloody brilliant."

Enma groaned as her headache got worse with the noise of all the students coming into the great hall for breakfast. She leaned her head on the table and covered her ears with her hands.

I decided to tell Emma about Nicoletta missing from her bed. I'm sure that by this point, Emma was probably sick of me talking about Nicoletta, but I couldn't help it. Somehow, trying to find something wrong with Nicoletta had turned into some kind of weird obsession.

"Don't you think there's something off about Nicoletta?"

"We already went over this, Rose." Emma mumbled, her head still on the table.

"Yes, well, I might have actual evidence to prove that there's something not right about her."

Emma lifted her head slightly and narrowed her eyes at me." What exactly?"

"Well, I woke up in the middle of the night and when I looked over at Nicoletta's bed, she wasn't there." I slammed my hands onto the table to prove my point, resulting in glares from various members of my house.

"She was probably down in the kitchens or something."

"Right, but she wasn't at the party. In fact, no one had seen her after the Quidditch match ended." When Emma couldn't think of a way to defend Nicoletta, a smug smile appeared on my face.

Emma rolled her eyes when she saw my smug smile. "Calm down, Sherlock. I know you think you're onto something but Nicoletta just doesn't seem like the evil type. Honestly, she's shallower than a kiddy pool."