Chapter 5

A/n: Hi everyone! So I finally updated. The picture above is Emma and sorry about this chapter being shorter than usual. Anyways don't forget to comment and vote. Happy reading!

"Merlin's pants, he's gorgeous." I said in a breathy voice, leaning my head on my hand as I gazed at the professor from across the room.

"Forget that, he's more than gorgeous. He's a freaking sex god." Emma said, in an equally breathy voice.

We were sitting at the Gryffindor table in the great hall, waiting for the rest of our friends to show up for dinner. Ok, so maybe we had sneaked out of the Gryffindor tower early to ogle our hot professor but could you really blame us when he looked like that?

"Earth to Emma." Alice waved her hand in front of Emma to get her attention. Her other hand held a stack of books that were very close to toppling. "You need to stop staring at professor Taylor. He's much too old for you."

Emma huffed in annoyance.
"He's not that much older than me."

"He was a seventh-year when we were first-years." Alice pointed out, raising her eyebrow.

"Exactly." Emma exclaimed. "Which means he's only 21."

"That's still much too old."

"But you have to admit he's pretty damn stunning."

James leaned over to us, overhearing what Emma had just said.
"Who, me? Why thank you Emma. I happen to think so too." He ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Bugger off."

"Now, now Emma, no need to get all angry with me for finally realizing your feelings for me."

Emma was on the extremely close to full on yelling at James so I tried to intervene.
"Have any of you seen Scorpius?"

"Or Albus for that matter." Alice added, looking around the great hall that was rapidly filling up.

I tried to look through the crowds of rampaging teenagers but I couldn't locate Scorpius. I must have been staring at the entrance of the great hall for at least ten minutes before I saw him.

As he neared the part of the Gryffindor table where we were sitting, I noticed that he was waking next to a tall, brunette girl who I could tell, even from a distance, was very pretty.

I felt a surge of jealousy rise from the deep, dark pits of my stomach. But I shouldn't be feeling jealous. We were just friends and he was more than welcome to make friends with anyone he desired. Just not with girls, especially the very pretty ones.

"Careful, Rosie. You're starting to turn just the slightest tinge of green." Emma whispered, her eyes focused on Scorpius and the girl.

Normally, I would have responded but I was much too intrigued by what was going on.

Scorpius stood in front of us, the brunette girl still standing too close to him for my liking. He sent a smile my way and I returned it rather apprehensively.

I noticed then that he had his hand on her lower back.
"Guys, this is Nicolette Zabini. She just transferred here from Beauxbatons."

She laughed a cute, little giggle. The kind that girls like her all seem to have.
"Scorpius, we've known each other since we were born."

"Yes, well, I don't like telling people that because they automatically assume that you know every, single, embarrassing story about me."

"But I do." She laughed yet again her cutesy smile and laughter mingling with that of Scorpius.

Never before in my life had I felt so excluded when Scorpius was near me. But for some reason I did. She knew everything about him. Little, tiny insignificant details that a person would not know unless they had grown up with him. And it bothered me more than words could say. Though I couldn't exactly pinpoint why.