Chapter 7

A/n: Hey everyone! Yet another update for all of you and it's longer than usual. Don't forget to comment and vote! Happy reading!

It's been a couple of days since Professor Taylor had that talk with me, yet it was still fresh in my mind.

As soon as I had left his classroom, I had gone straight to my friends and told them everything. They were confused, to say the least but they didn't think too much of it. They tried to reassure me, telling me that it probably meant nothing. So, I tried to believe it. I mean if my friends thought it was no big deal, then it probably wasn't.

Of course, despite all assurances, it still bothered me. But like all things that bothered me, I pushed it to the very back of my mind, until it was almost forgotten. Almost being the key word here. Instead, I tried to focus on my breakfast and the conversation that was currently taking place.

"So, Emma, do you reckon that you'll get chaser again?" Albus asked, his mouth chockfull of food.

The topic in question happened to be the Gryffindor quidditch tryouts which were taking place today. Emma, Scorpius, and Albus were trying out, although all three of them had been on the team the previous year. Of course, as James has been captain since his fifth year, he was well known for being tough on his players and making them try-out every year for their former positions.

Emma looked disgusted at Albus' lack of manners, but answered anyways.
"Well, I'm going to try aren't I?"

"Bloody, arrogant." Albus rolled his eyes.

"Oi! I'll have you know that I have a right to be arrogant. I worked my arse off to be where I am."

Albus was about to say something and I could feel that this conversation was about to turn into a fight, when James appeared. He put himself in between of both of them and put an arm on each of their shoulders.

"How are my best players doing?" He asked, visibly excited for the upcoming tryouts.

Albus and Emma both shot him dirty looks, and he quickly let go of their shoulders.

"If I even make it on the team again." Albus mumbled, barely looking up from his toast.

James looked just about to burst from excitement and ignored the way Albus looked like he was about to throw up.

"Good point, there's a good amount of people trying out for your position. I mean take Eric Mclaggen, he's supposed to be bloody amazing. If everyone trying out for keeper plays like him, you're going to have some real competition on your hands."

"Hey, I'm your brother!" Albus exclaimed. "You're not seriously considering replacing me, are you?" A hint of worry seeped into his voice. 

Ignoring Albus, James turned to Emma and shot her a smirk that I'm positive he believed was charming. Really, it made him look like a pompous prat.
"And how are you doing, gorgeous?"

"Well enough to know that whatever you're trying right now isn't going to work."

"Shame, and it was such a good plan too."

"I'm sure it was, James." Emma replied, her words thickly coated in sarcasm.

"Well, now we'll never know, will we?" James shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Anyways, bring your A game, I'm only picking the best."