Chapter 1

A/n: Hi everyone!!! So this story starts five years later which would make Rose a fifth-year. The picture above is what I imagine Rose as. Don't forget to comment and vote.

Five years later

The smoke coming from the train swirled around me, covering everything. I tried to get away from the smoke so I could see something, but I found this task impossible.

At this rate, I would never find Scorpius or Albus.

They were supposed to be coming together as Scorpius usually stayed with Albus, especially during the holidays. Albus' house was practically his second home.

I don't know the exact reason why Scorpius almost never goes home but it obviously has to do with his father. Scorpius doesn't like to talk about him much, except to say that he doesn't want to be like him.

At first, when Scorpius and Albus became friends, my family wasn't sure what to make of it. Most of them still don't, though they try their best to make him feel at home. And when dad, found out that I was friends with him, he just about had a heart attack. He refused to speak to me for a week, though he quickly came around after bonding over their mutual fondness for the chudley cannons (the same fondness, my father failed to pass on to me) and wizard chess (Scorpius was the only one patient enough to actually learn how to play).

All of a sudden, a redhead, also known as my younger cousin Lily Potter, came charging towards me. Before I could brace myself for the inevitable collide. Lily tried to hug me though she had underestimated the force she was going at causing me to topple over and land harshly on the ground.

I winced as I hit the hard ground, the pain racing through my nerves. I was still in pain when my other cousin, and my best friend, Albus Potter came into view. His bright, green eyes and usually messy and untidy raven black hair that he tried to fix though he could never make it stay quite flat, made a smile appear on my face. I had missed him so much during the holidays. Sure, we had spent a lot of time together but it wasn't the same as when we were at Hogwarts and away from our parents prying eyes.

Right behind him, was my other best friend, Scorpius Malfoy. Scorpius and I had gotten close as the years went by. It wasn't hard considering we were in the same house and the same grade.

I sent him a aren't-you-going-to-help-your-best-mate look but he just raised an eyebrow as if to say 'make me'.

He looked different. Though that wasn't possible as I had seen him just yesterday. His white blond hair, flopped onto his face, something that irritated him, though not enough to get a haircut. His grey eyes were cloudy, as they usually are, making it hard to see what he is feeling.

Over the years he had gotten tall. So tall in fact, that he towered over both Albus and I, though you don't have to be that tall to be taller than me.

Albus offered me a hand and I gladly took it.
"Sorry about Lily. James and Fred have this great beginning of year prank but Lily somehow found the plans so they had to bribe her with candy to shut her up."

"They gave her enough candy to feed a small country." Scorpius added, finally coming over, with his usual smirk.

"I did no such thing!" James Potter exclaimed indignantly, running his hand through his equally untidy black hair, though unlike Albus, he didn't bother trying to make it look tidy.

Any other person might have believed him but I knew better; his brown eyes were twinkling with that familiar look he got when he had a spectacular prank planned.

"Did too!"
Lily chimed in from where she was stuffing her face with chocolate frogs. She had a chocolate ring around her mouth and her brown eyes had gotten bigger. They were rapidly darting from side to side.

I sighed. She definitely had a sugar high and I knew from experience that it would be a while until she crashed.

"Last time I bribe her to keep her mouth shut, did me no bloody good." James muttered under his breath bitterly.

I exchanged a glance with Albus and Scorpius before bursting out laughing.

***
I waved to my family as the train left the station. My whole family was there despite the fact that a few of my cousins had already left Hogwarts. Over time, it had turned into a family tradition.

I glanced one last time at my family, who were getting smaller and smaller, as the train sped away. My eldest cousin, Victoire was leaning back into Teddy's arms. Her blonde hair seemed to reflect the light and her blue eyes sparkled as she laughed at something Teddy had said. Teddy had his arms around Victoire, his usual blue hair, looking more vibrant as she laughed. They had been together for a while but Teddy hadn't popped the question yet, though I presumed it would only be a matter of time until he did. It didn't take a genius to see the way he looked at her, with love and complete adoration in his eyes.

Dominique, the younger sister of Victoire, was talking with Molly and Lucy, also both cousins of mine, about something or the other. Though knowing them it would either be boys, gossip or makeup.

A little farther back, Uncle Harry was trying to talk to my dad, but my dad was too busy shoveling cake into his mouth (where he got a cake from, I will never know) while my mother looked over at him with an amused expression as she talked to Aunt Ginny. Uncle George was testing out what looked to be a new product in the making on an unsuspecting stranger, while Aunt Angelina was trying to stop him, without success.

I smiled as I toke in my messed up and slightly crazy family (ok, very crazy family). This was my family and I wouldn't trade them for the world.